Board logo

7 Style Front Grille Options?
Cadburys Man - 18/1/14 at 06:07 PM

So i'm wanting to remove the hamster cage front grille and replace it with something a bit more pleasing to the eye and i've found this on fleabay.....................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caterham-Nose-Cone-Grille-7-Logo-Chrome-Plated-Brand-New-UK-Made-/300906920554?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits =Car+Make%3ACaterham&hash=item460f733a6a

Can't seem to find anything else Does any of u guys know of any other options??

Daz.

40inches - 18/1/14 at 06:10 PM

This is what I used: ebay

SPYDER - 18/1/14 at 07:40 PM

I used stainless mesh similar to the previous poster but of the kind that looks like diamonds rather than squares. It had a matt finish which you could polish or spray black like I did. I'm not keen on the "7" logo grilles. Looks like you're trying too hard. What colour is your car? Maybe a "7" logo grille in black rather than chrome might suit.

doobrychat - 18/1/14 at 07:54 PM

I used black diamond mesh Grille as i didn't like the open type and all them stones flying into my Radiator..

keith777 - 18/1/14 at 08:13 PM

If your worried about stones you could use the black mesh with the seven style one in front

Not Anumber - 18/1/14 at 09:17 PM

Ive kept the original black mesh grille and fitted the ' 7' grille. looks fine and protects the rad

40inches - 18/1/14 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SPYDER
I used stainless mesh similar to the previous poster but of the kind that looks like diamonds rather than squares. It had a matt finish which you could polish or spray black like I did. I'm not keen on the "7" logo grilles. Looks like you're trying too hard. What colour is your car? Maybe a "7" logo grille in black rather than chrome might suit.

That's what I have apparently

renetom - 19/1/14 at 08:06 AM

Hi
You can always make your own.
I made ours from 2 flat aly strips 1/8" thick painted
black and stainless steel tube (which is light)
pop riveted to the strips.
You can design whatever you want.

grille
grille

gavin174 - 19/1/14 at 12:30 PM

why not get something laser cut from stainless...

the choices are endless!!

[Edited on 19/1/14 by gavin174]