Board logo

Electric reverse
madrallysport - 30/6/11 at 09:20 AM

Guys not sure if i've put this is correct section. I once read a thread here (which i now cant find) on electric reverse set ups on a bec. The starter motor etc was mounted in the tunnel with the ring gear etc mounted to the engine at the prop adptor side.

I fancy doing one of these now as i need this to enter my car into the road going class at hillclimbs, and i also am considering putting the car though its iva,

Any pics information etc would be great, ie starter motor used etc,

O its on my 1999 R1 engine as well if that makes any difference

flibble - 30/6/11 at 09:41 AM

Can't help on the tech but incase you missed it theres an electric reverse for sale buried in this thread from eznfrank. Might save you a few quid on a new one!

wylliezx9r - 30/6/11 at 10:11 AM

Check user 40 inches, he's done an excellent thread on it. With all the suppliers of the parts etc.

loony - 30/6/11 at 10:15 AM

Search for posts by "40inches"...

Or take a look on this: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=154985

Rob WM - 30/6/11 at 04:43 PM

If you want the full kit I bought the starter motor, cog for diff flange and mounting brackets from MK. Phil had some in stock when I last went. They are custom made for the job and are not cheap but I have found it very useful not to mention controllable. It is a pig to fit but well worth the agro once complete.