Board logo

I went for a drive....
Matt21 - 28/1/14 at 09:53 PM

I was really missing driving my car and was sick of working on it (see mods section) so took it for a little spin around the block....

five minutes later..... bad idea!
bugger me it was chilly!!!!

anyone else stupid enough to venture out this time of year?

benchmark51 - 28/1/14 at 11:01 PM

sure did! Came back after an hour and fitted the windscreen. Much more civilised in this weather

loggyboy - 28/1/14 at 11:03 PM

Its helmet weather.

SteveWalker - 28/1/14 at 11:03 PM

Oh yes, but not this year. A few years back a bunch of us from Rhocar went for a drive, without weather gear. First we had to overtake a gritter on the motorway, then, just as we stopped at the lights at the bottom of a slip-road, it hailed - hard.

MP3C - 28/1/14 at 11:07 PM

Would rather be cold and driving my car than the engine spread around the garage

Matt

dhutch - 29/1/14 at 05:14 AM

Home in a weeks time after a month away with work, I will be going for a drive!

johnwilders - 29/1/14 at 08:24 AM

I went out in my Biggles hat, goggles & face mask. Probably looked a right twat but ho hum.

40inches - 29/1/14 at 09:42 AM

Mr Cadburys Man drives his all the time, no screen, no helmet and with worn-out R888's He's becoming a Legend

daveb666 - 29/1/14 at 01:28 PM

Helmet for sure.

Matt21 - 29/1/14 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MP3C
Would rather be cold and driving my car than the engine spread around the garage

Matt

this is the reason I keep putting off doing any major work! just incase I get the urge to go out

I always wear a helmet when I go out usually, even in the summer, but I only planned to go around the block just to get a buzz.

saying that, it was the funniest drive ive ever had! I just could stop laughing at how stupid I was and what people must have thought to me wizzing around with tears pouring down my face and blue hands! haha

Matt21 - 29/1/14 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MP3C

Matt

this is the reason I keep putting off doing any major work! just incase I get the urge to go out

I always wear a helmet when I go out usually, even in the summer, but I only planned to go around the block just to get a buzz.

saying that, it was the funniest drive ive ever had! I just could stop laughing at how stupid I was and what people must have thought to me wizzing around with tears pouring down my face and blue hands! haha

has anyone tried a 7 type car in the snow? i'll be out as soon as it lays, very well wrapped up I might add!

[Edited on 29/1/14 by Matt21]