Board logo

weather report please
AndyW - 10/1/10 at 07:57 PM

Any one in or near Macclesfield? Was up there last week and am back up there tomorrow morning just wondered what the weather conditions are like? Any better than last weeks massive snow?? Any help appreciated.
Ta
Andy

wilkingj - 10/1/10 at 08:07 PM

I drove to Durham and Back to from Cambridge (A1) on Friday, and it was all gritted and OK (450 mile round trip). (Damn Cold though)
I drove to Bournemouth and back to Cambridge yesterday (Sat) and was fine (320 mile round trip). All roads clear and gritted,
I drove the Sofa to the Land of NOD for most of today

I looked at the Met Office Website (not that helpful)
I looked at the Highways Agency website for travel disruptions and adverse weather problems.
The cliincher for me was looking at he Web Cams on the motorways (I looked at the M62, / A1 junction Cams. The Pic was about 10 mins old, and showed clear gritted roads.
Finally http://www.raintoday.co.uk shows current radar pictures of rain / snow. This is a good site and you can see the trend and what might be coming your way. ie check the animations of the last hour of could movement.

I would suggest the same actions.
Hope this helps.

adithorp - 10/1/10 at 11:00 PM

Temp's below freezing. Snow showers. Main roads clear. Some snow on back roads. Pavements bad/icy.

adrian

andyharding - 11/1/10 at 08:10 AM

The weather in Macclesfield will not cause you a problem today but do watch out for icy roads.