Board logo

my local hospital rant
theconrodkid - 20/7/10 at 06:16 PM

old fella across the road from me complains of cronic chest pains,his mrs calls an ambulance,takes him to hospital where he is diagnosed with arthritis,they are sent on their way despite having no money on them,him in severe pain and she being nearly blind,had to take a cab.
this morning same again,only the ambulance arrives and pronounce him dead,most likely heart attack.
what is it with these muppets,even if they cant diagnose a heart attack at least they could have got the home,i spend my days running a lot of fit people to and from hospital.
it makes me so angry,Reg was a lovely fella,now all i want to do is go and stab some chavs .
rant over,got that off my chest.

r1_pete - 20/7/10 at 06:22 PM

Thats not good at all, couples like that generally prop each other up in their twilight years......

I wish I could say something in defence of the health authority, but cant, I'm afraid ordinary people who don't cause fuss or use valuable NHS resources, just get on with life the best they can, regularly get treated like 2nd class...

Real sickener is if they had been coke snorting junkies the treatment would have been much more thorough!!!

Danozeman - 20/7/10 at 06:27 PM

Thats the NHS for you bud. Utter shit. My mates wife just had a miscarriage when she was 4 months gone. They wouldnt let him anywhere near and told him nothing about what was going on with her. They just wheeled her out to him in a wheel chair and said sorry shes lost the baby and fecked off. Theyd cocked up all the dates and everything.

MikeRJ - 20/7/10 at 06:34 PM

A sad story and a very poor reflection on our healthcare system.

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
all i want to do is go and stab some chavs

It doesn't take an event that drastic for me to feel like this...

mangogrooveworkshop - 20/7/10 at 06:50 PM

Our local A&E is closing for three days a week as they cant get any doctors to cover

As for their mental health care system.......

RichieHall - 20/7/10 at 09:38 PM

That's a terrible situation, and one that should've been avoided!

In defence of the health service, they are massively underfunded (at least where it matters) massively overworked and tied up in giant knots of bureaucracy!

It really doesn't help when societies lowlifes take up massive amounts of time getting their selves hospitalised through drink / drugs and calling 999 ambulances because they've got a headache!

blakep82 - 21/7/10 at 12:27 AM

chest pain? arthritis?! wtf

Daddylonglegs - 21/7/10 at 01:26 AM

Sounds like this one needs taking further IMHO. Bloody disgrace, makes you worry when your folks live 5 1/2 hrs away and are well into their 70s and not in too good fettle!

Agriv8 - 21/7/10 at 06:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
old fella across the road from me complains of cronic chest pains,his mrs calls an ambulance,takes him to hospital where he is diagnosed with arthritis,they are sent on their way despite having no money on them,him in severe pain and she being nearly blind,had to take a cab.
this morning same again,only the ambulance arrives and pronounce him dead,most likely heart attack.
what is it with these muppets,even if they cant diagnose a heart attack at least they could have got the home,i spend my days running a lot of fit people to and from hospital.
it makes me so angry,Reg was a lovely fella,now all i want to do is go and stab some chavs .
rant over,got that off my chest.

Very Very Sad and its going to get worse as spending cuts take hold reagardless of what the tosser at the top says

Agriv8

Ninehigh - 22/7/10 at 10:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
chest pain? arthritis?! wtf

There was a large ad campaign stating that if you have chest pains call 999, I didn't think it was in case you had stiff joints!