Board logo

Locost Builders Tee Shirts
Metal Hippy™ - 12/4/02 at 10:45 PM

In response to a throwaway comment in another topic I'm finding out if people would want tee shirts made up.

I've got an old teacher that's gone into printing tee shirts and sweatshirts, so they could possibly do us some....

What ideas have any of you got or indeed shoot the idea down in flames which I'm expecting....

I vote for nicknames on the back.....

'Hippy'

chrisg - 12/4/02 at 10:48 PM

I'll have one, with either "The Outlaw"or "shithead"on it

Cheers

Chris

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 12:32 AM

I will have one with

"DODGY GEEZA"
"DAZZA"

TY........

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 12:34 AM

on the front

"www.locostbuilders.co.uk"
the home of the locost kit builders!

Nick names on the back.....

i reckon its a good idea!!!!

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 12:36 AM

and polo shirts look better, Black shirts with white or blue writing, what does ya reckon guys???

Metal Hippy™ - 13/4/02 at 12:38 AM

Definitely black shirts.

Not sure about the text colour though...

Ideas guys?

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 12:40 AM

Black shirt yes!!!

Text colour has to be light, white/blue/red etc.... Bright red might be good, its a good advert for the web site....

Metal Hippy™ - 13/4/02 at 12:42 AM

I know....

Yellow is bright, but red might be more suitable....

Marcus - 13/4/02 at 11:32 AM

Quite like the idea, count me in - would really wee some people off if there's enough of us!
Marcus

locodude - 13/4/02 at 11:53 AM

Hey up
Count me in and while we're on the subject we'll have 6 done for Le Mans. Come on Hippy pull your finger out!
Chris PTM
p.s. is there enough room to fit "Fat beer swilling professional Yorkshireman" on the back?

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 11:57 AM

i reckon you can fit it in small writing, would cost more thou... depending on how they are done....
Hippy, i reckon its a goer, check out the prices for polo shirts in black and printed... let us know... I am sure we can manage to get all of us to pay for em, its worth it to wee off the other lot....

Metal Hippy™ - 13/4/02 at 02:02 PM

When is Le Mans?

I'll see what prices I can find for polo shirts later today on the net. If anyone is able to find any decent prices should they happen to look then let me know.

Also if anyone out there knows where they could possibly get them printed cheap then another quote would be a good idea.

Cheers.

Rich.

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 04:17 PM

iron on letters, done in a sports shop is around 10p per letter, but that is london prices...

Metal Hippy™ - 13/4/02 at 04:28 PM

How hard wearing are they though?

If they're anything like the lettering I've seen on most football shirts then they're crap and will peel after not that long....

theconrodkid - 13/4/02 at 05:10 PM

They only peel off if you wash them,how about black on black,keep them guessing,my size is size 40bb

Metal Hippy™ - 13/4/02 at 05:11 PM

I'd be more impressed if you were a DD mate...

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 05:15 PM

they are not to bad, after 4 or 5 washes they are a bit cracked, but its the cheapest way i know.

Metal Hippy™ - 13/4/02 at 05:21 PM

The cheapest way isn't necessarily the best way to go..

I personally would rather pay an extra quid or two and have it look decent for longer.

Jon Ison - 13/4/02 at 05:34 PM

put me down 4 one, any just need to think of a logo for it, "sod the kits" may do, whats all this kit car talk ?

Jon Ison - 13/4/02 at 05:37 PM

how about one further, and a little sticker for the car advertising web site ? any takers ? www.locostbuilders@sod.the.kit.car.builder.com

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 08:43 PM

already sugested that....

front

www.locostbuilders.co.uk
or

www.
locostbuilders
.co.uk

then nick names on the back...????

if anyone has a copy of exchange and mart, there are company's that do the prints on stickers, mugs, hats SHIRTS etc... they supply the stuff to... check them out!!!!!

i will try and find some adds and prices... can everyone who wants one, put there sizes on this thread and we will see what we can do!!!!

Dunc - 13/4/02 at 09:14 PM

What about a pic of some sort, one of those psyche test things, you know, bald guy with a beard turn it upside down and its a guy with a moustache. But have it so that it looks like a locost normally but when you look down at it, since your wearing it'll be upside down, it's a naked chick. Too pervy?

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 10:30 PM

not pervy enough for us lot!!!

Not sure i have seen that pic!!!! not sure it excists???

bob - 14/4/02 at 07:11 AM

quote:
not pervy enough for us lot!!!

Not sure i have seen that pic!!!! not sure it excists???

EEEEERR!!! I think it was just a thought mate

Dazza - 14/4/02 at 08:39 AM

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!!!!! DERRRRR!

bob - 14/4/02 at 03:51 PM

quote:
I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!!!!! DERRRRR!

Sorry,forgot your not as thick as you look.

Metal Hippy™ - 14/4/02 at 05:06 PM

I can look into a line of cheap handbags aswell if you like?

Dazza - 14/4/02 at 07:53 PM

yes please darling!!!!!!!!

phil.shelton - 14/4/02 at 08:48 PM

go for it get a price and let us all know. Recon it could be a good thing to p**s of the rest of em. locost builders not meccano kit car kids.

Metal Hippy™ - 14/4/02 at 08:59 PM

What for?

Handbags or tshirts?

bob - 14/4/02 at 09:06 PM

I tried a handbag once,but it was only good for keeping your fags in.

bob - 14/4/02 at 09:10 PM

but anyway rich get a price and were all in,i hope youve asked the administators permision though

chrisg - 14/4/02 at 09:47 PM

Hippy,

I havn't got my t-shirt yet.

What's the delay???

Cheers

Chris

Metal Hippy™ - 14/4/02 at 10:29 PM

Feck orf.

And no Bob, I haven't got his permission.

I don't reckon a bit of advertising will upset him a great deal though....

ChrisW - 15/4/02 at 01:13 PM

Sounds good guys! I know a guy who can print T shirts so I can hassle him for a price if you want? Shouldn't think they'd be more than a fiver each though. I had some done before for speedcentral and they were quite good.

Car stickers are fairly easy aswell - the same guy can do them for me. Any takers?

Chris

Dazza - 15/4/02 at 02:16 PM

you get the prices and we will put the order's in....

theconrodkid - 15/4/02 at 06:53 PM

I need some stickers to cover the holes i drilled in the wrong place and a t shirt to cover my hairy chest 38DD

bob - 15/4/02 at 09:14 PM

How about wooly hats and caps?

Chris do you reckon we can have the shirts for the next show?

ChrisW - 16/4/02 at 10:29 AM

Depends how quickly you guys can get me the ca$h! Day off tomorrow so I'll pop down and have a word with him.

Chris

theconrodkid - 16/4/02 at 07:15 PM

no one mentioned cash?

bob - 16/4/02 at 08:43 PM

You need to speak to my agent.
Re:advertising

bigdaddyadd - 16/4/02 at 09:50 PM

I have been away for a short while come back and you are all turned into ravings butt boys talking handbags and fashion instead of tools and grease what is wrong with you all?.......Will those polos be avialable in pastels and extra long to cover my bum?

Dazza - 17/4/02 at 01:30 PM

BigDaddy, just buy 2 and sew them together, thus making a very large shirt ample in size for any FAT ARSE or BEER BELLY!!!!

bob - 17/4/02 at 09:24 PM

Sizes
sml,med,lge,xlge and dart player.
I think that would just about cover all!!!

chrisg - 17/4/02 at 09:30 PM

Hippy,

I'm getting desperate now, I still haven't got my t-shirt and I need it to wear to a wedding saturday.

Cheers

Chris