Board logo

New Top Grear
donut - 7/5/06 at 08:03 PM

Weeeeeeed myself laughing, totally brill especially at the end through the car wash.

Jon Ison - 7/5/06 at 08:05 PM

mmmmmmmmm, other 1/2 promised me a Swedish thing if we win the lottery.......

Lightning - 7/5/06 at 08:08 PM

Funniest programme on TV

bob - 7/5/06 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
Weeeeeeed myself laughing, totally brill especially at the end through the car wash.

Andy

You are easily pleased

fesycresy - 7/5/06 at 08:27 PM

My visitors just left

Is it ignorant to turn the volume up when the visitors are talking too loud ?

skydivepaul - 7/5/06 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
My visitors just left

Is it ignorant to turn the volume up when the visitors are talking too loud ?

No its your visitors that are rude..........they should know when to leave

mookaloid - 7/5/06 at 08:40 PM

Quality programme

What was with the Dog?????????

Danozeman - 7/5/06 at 08:42 PM

I missed it cos i had visiters round. Plus i forgot it was on..

stevec - 7/5/06 at 09:03 PM

Dog was a Labrapoodle

3GEComponents - 7/5/06 at 09:33 PM

That was the gayest looking dog i've ever seen, come on who'd take that for a walk?

smart51 - 7/5/06 at 09:46 PM

That was the funniest Top Gear ever. I laughed out loud when Jeremy sewed his arm into the soft top. It's just mad.

I wonder what Tim-but-Dim lookalike "well spoken man" thought when he saw it?

matt.c - 7/5/06 at 09:52 PM

Bu**ger i missed it

Liam - 7/5/06 at 10:03 PM

Damn so did I.

Repeated at 19:00 tomorrow on 2 though apparently...

BBC What's On

Liam

James - 7/5/06 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jroberts
That was the gayest looking dog i've ever seen, come on who'd take that for a walk?

Hammond.... in his pink Nissan!

Loved the Koenigsegg. Way nicer than the Veryon!
Oh to have the choice!!!!!

alister667 - 7/5/06 at 10:53 PM

It was pretty scary when the Stig lost the back end of the Koenigwhatsit. He was going at some rate of knots!

owelly - 7/5/06 at 11:08 PM

I wonder if they would have been any wiser if they were told the "Nice Spoken Blokes" name?
(James Hewitt for those who still don't know. You know, the bloke who was roosting Princess Di.....)

Hellfire - 8/5/06 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I wonder if they would have been any wiser if they were told the "Nice Spoken Blokes" name?
(James Hewitt for those who still don't know. You know, the bloke who was roosting Princess Di.....)

You mean Prince Harrys' genetic father don't you (allegedly!)

Chaz - 8/5/06 at 07:15 AM

That koenigsegger thingy has got some awesome flames when it shifts!

DaveFJ - 8/5/06 at 08:00 AM

Ahhh... blessed be my Sky+ ......

DarrenW - 8/5/06 at 09:32 AM

It was a rather surreal moment when Justin was giving it large around the track solo, obviously not a clue what he was doing while the others were treated to bontempi keyboard moment by Rick Wakeman!!!!!! How mad was that!

James - 8/5/06 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz
That koenigsegger thingy has got some awesome flames when it shifts!

From Sunday Times Driving section:

"To be fair, the Top Gear producer had insisted the car was brought to our track before it was properly finished. That’s why the computers kept overheating, causing a monstrous misfire. In a few months these issues will be addressed."

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-2166903,00.html

Cheers,
James

Gav - 8/5/06 at 10:30 AM

Didnt James Hewitt also say his name when he shook hand with JC? im sure he did...

While its still the best motoring prog on TV its getting a little too "look at us arnt we funny..."

britishtrident - 8/5/06 at 11:07 AM

Top Gear should be moved to CBBC with mini Ant & Dec as presenters.

Next stage in Clarkson career should be to follow in the foot steps of another ex-Top Gear front man Noel Edmunds -- ie be unemployed for 10 years then front a stupid game show on one of the minority channels.

marcyboy - 9/5/06 at 07:39 AM

i think he's brilliant...
i especially like it when he takes the mickey out of a certain workforce from a certain area...

Hellfire - 9/5/06 at 09:00 AM

Watched it last night and this morning - three grown men having fun, what's wrong with that? Getting paid huggins of money for having fun, isn't that what footballers do?

Spot the deliberate flaw!

greggors84 - 9/5/06 at 10:19 AM

Some of the jokes are becoming more and more obviously scripted, i know they all will be, but there are ones that seem like they are not meant to be, but they so obviously are. Like the bit with James Hewitt.

Like someone else said they need to freshen it up a bit. Or as BT said it will become Jez and Rich in Da Bungalow!

Still the best thing on TV, i missed it so downloaded the torrent (www.finalgear.com) kept on rewinding it to watch certain bits again. Was laughing so loudly! When the window explodes next to JC you should see his face the moment it happens, he shat himself!!!

locogeoff - 9/5/06 at 11:59 AM

To be honest I felt a bit disappointed.

Is it supposd to be entertaining to watch some ejits hackin the roof off of a car then demonstrating how crap it is, that s just a waste of my time and our license fee, if you find it amusing fair enough each to their own, but it missed the spot with me.

Would rather they just repeated the Veyron race again.

5th Gear is not much better, watched that last night bit unimpressed with that also.

Maybee I'm in misereable old fart mode at the moment

andyps - 9/5/06 at 01:07 PM

I really enjoyed the programme, teh tasks witht eh open top people carrier were great. I am really looking forward to July 12th when I will be present for the filming

DaveFJ - 9/5/06 at 02:19 PM

I'm just waiting for Renault to announce that they are going to produce a soft-top espace......

David Jenkins - 9/5/06 at 02:23 PM

I got bored with it, and wandered off to do something more interesting...

...still, it is still better than Vroom Vroom! What a load of twaddle that is!

David

Jasper - 9/5/06 at 03:05 PM

Vroom Vroom - that;'s just a chav version of Top Gear isn't it I turned off after 3 minutes ....

donut - 10/5/06 at 06:38 AM

Vroom Vroom is PANTS!!

greggors84 - 10/5/06 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andyps
I really enjoyed the programme, teh tasks witht eh open top people carrier were great. I am really looking forward to July 12th when I will be present for the filming

One thing i noticed that i forgot to mention is it seems the studio audience and doubled or tripled! When they got an applause for something it was deafening!!

wildchild - 10/5/06 at 10:29 AM

bet there's someone holding up a board saying 'CLAP NOW'

rpsmith - 10/5/06 at 12:02 PM

They are going to be set a task this sieries to build a Caterham, should be a good laugh

DaveFJ - 10/5/06 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rpsmith
They are going to be set a task this sieries to build a Caterham, should be a good laugh

Given Jezzas hatred of Kit Cars that would surprise me - if they do it they will no doubt use it as an excuse to take the piss......

wildchild - 10/5/06 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ

Given Jezzas hatred of Kit Cars

no doubt borne out of his complete mechanical ineptitude

rpsmith - 10/5/06 at 12:15 PM

Apparently Jezza and the team are going to build one, and their wives/girlfriends are going to bulid another one to see how easy it is

chris.russell - 10/5/06 at 05:21 PM

looks like you can go to the topgear website and watch it online
top gear

andyps - 12/5/06 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rpsmith
Apparently Jezza and the team are going to build one, and their wives/girlfriends are going to bulid another one to see how easy it is

Wives stand a good chance of winning then - Clarksons wife has built one before.

stephen_gusterson - 15/5/06 at 12:17 AM

I thought that hewett could be harrys dad, but harry was 18 months old before they met....

yop gear is good entertainment, but its very contrived. So called unscripted show! The car wash catching alight, etc, is all rigged for the camera. They would have known who hewitt was, they were just being a$$holey to him.

atb

steve

quote:
Originally posted by Gav
Didnt James Hewitt also say his name when he shook hand with JC? im sure he did...

While its still the best motoring prog on TV its getting a little too "look at us arnt we funny..."

Russ-Turner - 15/5/06 at 09:26 PM

Jeez, lighten up guys, its a bit of fun.