Board logo

Reccomend me some fuel pumps!!
edthedrummer - 12/8/14 at 04:39 PM

Howdy all,

Starting to plan my fuel system now, starting with an alloy racing fab locost tank, with an/jic fittings, to an alloy racing fab 1litre swirl pot, again with jic fittings instead of push ons. It's for a duratec install. I can source a fuel rail with jic fittings easily enough, but what fuel pumps, both lift and high pressure do people reccomend, that can be fitted with an/jic unions to accept proper fittings?

Thanks for your help!!

Ed

FuryRebuild - 12/8/14 at 05:33 PM

I went for a nissan skyline pump, from fuelpumpsonline.co.uk.

It's an in-tank pump and a high-pressure one, so it shouldn't need a low list pump and swirl pot to feed the injectors. It's also rated hugely for the HP I require, so should be well over-specced.

I paid less than £100 for it, IIRC.

There's a picture of it here (click me).

M

Mr C - 12/8/14 at 07:11 PM

I'm also looking for a lift and high pressure pump, same setup as OP. Using an Elise Tank so not keen on going direct to fuel rail from tank, especially round left handers.

jeffw - 12/8/14 at 07:36 PM

Bosch 044 HP Pump and the Weber Carb pump. The Weber is meant to be almost silent which is much better than the noise my Facet pump makes.

Paul Turner - 13/8/14 at 01:08 PM

Mine uses a Facet red top as the lift pump (same pump I used when it had carbs) and a Sytec high pressure pump which I bought cheap from a friend of a friend who was changing to an in tank pump.

10 years on no issues.