Board logo

Zetec catch tank, still stuck?
ProjectSi - 3/9/15 at 10:29 PM

Right, still need some clarification with set up on this. Some people are referring to parts that I'm unfamiliar with. At the minute, I have a pipe to my catch tank from cam cover breather. Then just vented to atmosphere however, I understand I also need to have a pipe from the PCV on the block. There is a pipe on the block right below exhaust manifold that goes right into the inlet, how do I pipe this in and what does the crankcase breather look like? Is this the little spring loaded valve inside the pipe?

Sorry for all the posts but I'm still a bit unsure

chris - 3/9/15 at 10:47 PM

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p725/chrismith2/DSC_0091_zpsg4dzcn6x.jpg
my cam cover is also vented to atmosphere the block breather yes you have to take the guts out of the pcv I did this by cutting the end off with a drimmel
and yes it is the spring loaded thingy

[Edited on 3/9/15 by chris]

[Edited on 3/9/15 by chris]

loggyboy - 3/9/15 at 11:05 PM

Chris that Avatar needs to be change to 150x150 max!

chris - 4/9/15 at 07:06 AM

cant seem to change the size so have got rid

Charlie_Zetec - 4/9/15 at 11:39 AM

You don't have to have a breather on the bottom end. Some tee it off to the same catch tank, whilst others put a blanking plate over it and be done.

Remember, the original setup was designed for a standard road car and to meet emissions regs etc. so not always required for the engine to run correctly. You've removed it from a standard road car to put in a performance vehicle for totally different use.

Personally I've put a blanking plate there, but I know that others have drilled/tapped and put a barbed union on a plate, or modified the original unit to run into a breather matched on the cam cover.

redturner - 4/9/15 at 07:10 PM

The PCV on my single seater is removed and a blanking plate fitted.........