Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tin top insurance - Norwich Union advice
DarrenW

posted on 18/11/08 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Tin top insurance - Norwich Union advice

Happened to me lkast year, same again this year. Recieved Norwich Union Direct renewal - £460 ish. Went to their online site, careful to make it like for like - got a quote for £327. Phoned renewals help line and they have matched the price. Just need to tell them the online quote reference.

One side of me wanted to move away due to them trying to rip me off. However im happy with the service so have renewed on the better quote.
Mohammed in Banglor was also fantastic, overall good service bar the initial inflated renewal quote.

just thought id post so others know how to get the cost down through them.

matt_claydon

posted on 18/11/08 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
If you'd told them you had a quote from elsewhere for £300 you'd have done even better!
eznfrank

posted on 18/11/08 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
They're all the same. I work for one (well loads actually) and it's always cheaper for me to go online and waive my right to staff discount of 25% to get the online and new policy discounts instead.
mcerd1

posted on 18/11/08 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've never had a problem with that on my tin-top insurance (tesco)

but they just sent me a renewal for the home insurance (also tesco) for £320 (last year was £210)
I didn't even give them a quote reference, just told them that there own comparison site said £210 from them or £220 with the AA - and they checked it for me (or they said they did at least) and matched the AA's price that I told them

its just like the mobile phones and everthing else these days, you get ripped off if you don't do the leg work

[Edited on 18/11/08 by mcerd1]

oily85

posted on 18/11/08 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
I've just had the renewal for my bike come though from Bennetts. I'd checked a couple of weeks ago on their site to see what sort of money to be expecting to pay, and it came out £1100ish fc.

I didn't think that was too bad, on a 1 year old 675, as I'm 23 and had an accident about 18 months ago, and last year when it was brand new the insurance was around £1700.

I was quite surprised that with 1 years ncb, my renewal came out at £2500. I told them very politely where they could shove it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 18/11/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
I've never had a problem with that on my tin-top insurance (tesco)

but they just sent me a renewal for the home insurance (also tesco) for £320 (last year was £210)
I didn't even give them a quote reference, just told them that there own comparison site said £210 from them or £220 with the AA - and they checked it for me (or they said they did at least) and matched the AA's price that I told them

its just like the mobile phones and everthing else these days, you get ripped off if you don't do the leg work

[Edited on 18/11/08 by mcerd1]

Interesting, My missus had Tesco refuse to match their own online quote claiming it was a special offer for new customers.

They then refused to match a Directline quote. Bizarrely the paperwork from Directline looks suspiciously identical (bar the letterhead) to the Tesco documents.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mcerd1

posted on 18/11/08 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
They then refused to match a Directline quote. Bizarrely the paperwork from Directline looks suspiciously identical (bar the letterhead) to the Tesco documents.

well Direct line is RBS and tesco is 50% RBS (I think it all comes under 'uk insurance limited' )

the AA price was quite good, but since they are a broker it could have been with anyone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.