Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Indicator and Hazard wiring options
ChrisJ15

posted on 31/8/14 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Indicator and Hazard wiring options

Hi, I'm using an old style rotary indicator switch (http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/dash-board-indicator-switch-black) which could easily be mis-interpreted as to which direction you have selected. So I'd like to have left and right hand indicator warning lights just to be sure.
This raises some questions though:
Is it OK to have both green L & R indicator warnings flashing for hazard light warning?
A 3 pin flasher relay only has one output for the warning light. Can I put the L & R warning lights in parallel with the indicator lamps? Not sure if the single warning output from the relay stops if the indicators fail which my configuration wouldn't do?

snowy2

posted on 31/8/14 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
single out put relays are fine with various idiot light options........you can connect a single warning lamp between the two outputs from the indicator switch or two, one from each output to show left or right.
as for hazards its ok for the turn signals to flash but i think the hazard switch itself should also have a warning lamp of a red colour (i need to look at my IVA manual.)

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.