Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Inlet trumpet questions!?!
pathfinder

posted on 26/3/06 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Inlet trumpet questions!?!

I will soon be fabricating an air box for the aprilia engine but will have to re position the box to clear the bonnet this means a bit of handy work on the inlet trumpets! My questions are:
• Does anyone know what the two slits in the inlet trumpets do (don’t know if jap 4’s have them)?
• Would I get away with blocking them up?
• what sort of effect would lengthening the inlet trumpets have, I may need to feed air into the throttle bodies via a 90° bend is this going to have any adverse affects!

I know that in an ideal world I shouldn’t be playing with air boxes as they have been designed for a purpose! At this stage I would like to stick with an air box instead of a sock filter.

All ideas and opinions gratefully received

Thom Rescued attachment inlet 005.jpg
Rescued attachment inlet 005.jpg

pathfinder

posted on 26/3/06 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
. Rescued attachment inlet 003.jpg
Rescued attachment inlet 003.jpg

OX

posted on 26/3/06 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
when the air box plates up to the throttle bodies can you see any holes that line up with the holes in the trumpets,if not block them up if thats what you want to do,they might just be there to give a little flex in the trumpets so that they can be pushed into the air box,apart from that i havnt a clue
ChrisGamlin

posted on 26/3/06 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Lengthening trumpets will make a difference to how the engine runs, whether it will be noticable or not is hard to say. If I recall correctly, longer trumpets give slightly stronger mid range but at the detriment of top end power (could be the other way round tho ), so I wouldnt change them too much from what you have if you want to guarantee it performs as expected.

pathfinder

posted on 26/3/06 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
no they don't line up with anything, shall block them up and see what happens! thanks chaps

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.