Board logo

Borders Blast The Great Escape
Toniq-r - 19/6/10 at 05:20 PM

[Edited on 19/6/10 by Toniq-r]

zilspeed - 19/6/10 at 05:28 PM

Who's the dude in the green car ?

Is he a member of Locostbuilders ?

Toniq-r - 19/6/10 at 05:48 PM

No Officer I dont no this person I met him in a pub!

mookaloid - 19/6/10 at 05:55 PM

I don't think publishing that sort of incident with the green car is good for our image - it makes us look like a bunch of dangerous idiots please get rid of it

zilspeed - 19/6/10 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Toniq-r
No Officer I dont no this person I met him in a pub!

I've tried to type a response to this several times, but can't quite get it right.

Just put me down in the 'not for me' list.

Ben_Copeland - 19/6/10 at 06:17 PM

Idiot... and i agree with you taking it off too !

Russell - 19/6/10 at 06:37 PM

If that was as close at it looked then it is stupid, irresponsible and dangerous behaviour.

speedyxjs - 19/6/10 at 07:15 PM

That was a very dangerous move. There was no way he could see, thats why the orange car didnt go.

A1 - 19/6/10 at 07:51 PM

actually, you could see...i know cause im the orange car. well, im its owner.
there was time to pass me easily.
To be honest I think our image is kinda geeky people who know the serial numbers of every ball joint on our cars...

BenB - 19/6/10 at 09:21 PM

Looks like I was too slow

eddie99 - 19/6/10 at 09:23 PM

Put it back up. I can't see it! I aint missing out

Toniq-r - 19/6/10 at 09:56 PM

[Edited on 20/6/10 by Toniq-r]

A1 - 19/6/10 at 09:56 PM

cant do, the more sensitive of viewers got offended.

Toniq-r - 19/6/10 at 10:05 PM

I will take it off the morn as the sensitive men will be tucked up in bed with crossword and cup of coco

Jumpy Guy - 19/6/10 at 10:26 PM

where was the pub the film started at?

mookaloid - 19/6/10 at 11:01 PM

Sorry if I seem sensitive - I'm just aware that there are all sorts of people look at forums ranging from the police to politicians and I just think that a) it isn't wise for the driver of the green car and b) it could harm the general image of us and our cars.

If you don't care about the above then go ahead - I have had many years of the adverse reactions of people when they find out that I ride a motorbike and I don't want them to start saying the same stuff when I tell them I drive a seven that's all.

mangogrooveworkshop - 19/6/10 at 11:57 PM

Red Mist

A feeling of extreme competitiveness or anger that temporarily clouds one's judgment.
When that guy cut me off, the red mist washed over and all I could think about was catching him.

Put a bunch of buddies in fast becs and just watch the red mist rise...

Toniq-r - 20/6/10 at 06:43 AM

Correct mangogrooveworkshop the Red Mist and Driving a BEC we all know when you are diving these cars they are no fun when you are out your self it actaully gets boring! But get a few guys together and good road then you realize why you bought the car.

It was a great day and no speed limits were broken.

Toniq-r - 20/6/10 at 07:33 AM

So what your saying that is we are in this category (They pass in all the wrong places, wear all the power rangers gear, and generally ride like a bunch of cocks.) Well there is alot of power rangers cocks driving up here in Scotland and we call it having fun and enjoying our self
Nothing cant be as bad than driving a Banana around though

Stuart_B - 20/6/10 at 08:05 AM

wow, that was getting close,

but no one got hurt, nobbys cars touched, so there must have been room.

if the guy driving need a new pair of pants after that, hopeful he will not go in such a tight space again.

stuart

Toniq-r - 20/6/10 at 08:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
You've got me there.

My crap old car is banana coloured.

I'm also in Scotland.

Well you are more than welcome to join us next weekend The newly formed Power Rangers Cocks Club
Cheers

scootz - 20/6/10 at 11:08 AM

TBH, I wouldn't drive in a Se7en convoy if I knew it was being filmed.

Cameras are fine at the track, but could land folk in a lot of hot water if on the road.

Benzine - 20/6/10 at 11:16 AM

not cool

BenB - 20/6/10 at 11:32 AM

Way too close. for some reason people in fast cars in convoys often decide to trash out who's got the biggest cahooners by doing really dangerous things and putting the lives of members of the public at risk.

I once saw someone overtake six cars on the opposite side of a blind corner to the left

At 60mph.

There was no way he / she would have known there was nothing coming.

Not good.

Gordy - 20/6/10 at 12:27 PM

Misjudged overtake? probably but ive seen a couple of photos of crashed cars on here due to bad judgement, nobody mentioned anything about the 'bad for our image' thing then, all they got was sympathy from other members, whats that all about ??

[Edited on 20/6/10 by Gordy]

Gordy - 20/6/10 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Toniq-r
[Edited on 19/6/10 by Toniq-r]
Wont be robbing any banks with you mate

A1 - 20/6/10 at 12:53 PM

yea, thing is, 90% of people who drive make bad judgements from time to time.
when I spun it of a roundabout due to ice and terrible tracking setup, everyone here was very nice to me. Yet everybody outside this forum go 'yea right, you were gunning it'
There was no proving who has the bigger balls by trying to overtake each other all the time. If one of us doesnt know the road, they slow down.
We were almost in a pile up caused by a beemer overtaking coming towards us last week...does that mean everyones going to think normal car drivers are all fannies? No, I really don't think so.

Toniq-r - 20/6/10 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gordy
Misjudged overtake? probably but ive seen a couple of photos of crashed cars on here due to bad judgement, nobody mentioned anything about the 'bad for our image' thing then, all they got was sympathy from other members, whats that all about ??
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=137328
You mean this one, wonder if the response would be different if had filmed it. Mmm

By the way lucky you wasnt there as you would have been following him and remember he did have his indicater on to warn other drivers! Bloody CEC they think they own the road

[Edited on 20/6/10 by Gordy]

A1 - 20/6/10 at 03:30 PM

i dont follow. why does that make this guy who didnt crash get more of a bollocking than the example given (who i do feel sorry for) whos overcooked it into a bend so much he had to lock up and crash? he must have been going very fast, as its very hard to put an indy into a bend so fast it cant cope. Im not saying hes a fool or anything, cause these things happen.
ps. the four by four was doing 40, so its not like there was speeding going on. He passed about 5 places where he could have pulled over to let us past, which, youll all agree is just good manners and saves incidents like this happening.

ps. im not trying to blame anyone else, i know, greeny shouldnt have done it, but he knows that too. its a bit harsh for a whole lot of people to start giving him grief aswell.

[Edited on 20/6/10 by A1]

Gordy - 20/6/10 at 09:20 PM

I blame the guy with the camera, trouble making power ranger! and 'greeny' you need to get yourself a bec

eddie99 - 20/6/10 at 09:27 PM

Back to the video, What engines are in the 3 sevens?

Gordy - 20/6/10 at 09:34 PM

Fireblade, R1 and CROSS FLOW

[Edited on 21/6/10 by Gordy]

A1 - 21/6/10 at 12:28 AM

tut tut...see these green folk, forever causing us trouble

kevmcdo - 21/6/10 at 07:23 PM

Some very interesting posts been put up over the past few days in respect of the video footage taken by Toniq-r.

To make things clear I was the driver of the green car and have found some of the comments pretty much on the ball in respect of what happened on the day of run, some a bit further of the mark.

I will also be the first to put my hand up and say that it was me that screwed up the pass and got just as much as a fright as the guy in the silver car coming the other way who if I ever have the opportunity to meet I will be the first to say my deepest apologies.

I would also like to make it clear that at first when I started the move that has caused all the hysteria I thought fully that I had enough time before the corner to pull back in, that turned out not to be as much as I would have liked but certainly more than the footage portrays.
My miss calculation/judgement So the comments about being a idiot stick in my gut a little, yes it looked very close but I can assure anyone on this site that it is never my intention to put anyones life at risk when out on a run be it by myself or as part of a group.
I am also sure I am not the only person in the community to make such a miss calculation, or am I surrounded by driving gods who don't ever make errors? I do not think so judging by the amount of near miss and full on hit stories that come up now and again!!

Comparisons with other minority motoring groups are also far from relevant and rather narrow minded as not least forget we need to stand side by side each other in times of need, I am sure that some time or another someone on this site may for example need the help of a weekend biker!! Please try to remember weekends are sometimes the only time that some guys get the chance to get away from the stresses of life and our climate is not really suited for year round pleasure on both two or four wheel sports vehicles!!

Anyone not happy with any of the above comments is free to contact me direct and I will be happy to discuss the matter further.

PS
Gordy

Its a cross flow not a pinto!!!!!

Gordy - 21/6/10 at 08:03 PM

Cross flow, yeh thats what i said

Toniq-r - 21/6/10 at 08:26 PM

SSh Dont start it up again
Any way just found this bargin
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reversible-Power-Rangers-suit-costume-Age-5-8-/250651664235?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Clothes_Children_sFancyDress_RL&hash=item 3a5c00df6b

P.S Kev sorry for all this if only I knew how much Interest in this Topic has had would have done it in HD

kevmcdo - 21/6/10 at 08:34 PM

No worries mate.

If only it came in Green possibly size more than 5 to 8 !!!!!