Board logo

25th January OPL Brands £99
eddie99 - 3/1/12 at 12:31 AM

Ok, well spotted it this evening, i'll be booking on in the morning... The panther could do with a trackday with the r888's.

Any other locosters fancy it?

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=387itemid&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

NigeEss - 3/1/12 at 12:48 AM

Bit close to the taxman taking my petrol money

Was lloking at the 17th Feb for the same cost or the March one discussed here.

bi22le - 3/1/12 at 11:17 AM

Car won't be ready ed. i am looking at march as an on the road target. depends how many holidays i have.

eddie99 - 3/1/12 at 08:20 PM

Aww thats a shame, was hoping you could make it bizzle, oh well next one

eddie99 - 4/1/12 at 10:49 AM

Forgot to mention, I'll be offering out passenger rides in seven all day... Contact me if your want a buzz!

Pezza - 6/1/12 at 06:50 PM

I've just booked up for this, will be the MK's first track outing since the IVA.
Also my first ever track day
I just hope the weather is good!

eddie99 - 6/1/12 at 10:44 PM

Look forward to meeting you, If you have a issues/questions, fire the questions away. We might have an MK with us as well. We'll have lots of tools etc if anything goes wrong

[Edited on 6/1/12 by eddie99]

steve m - 7/1/12 at 04:08 AM

Pezza

Are you towing or driving the MK ?
as im off on that day

No point in my 7 going up there , as its to bloody noisy!

steve

Pezza - 7/1/12 at 06:29 PM

Cheers Eddie

Me and dad are going to be trailering the car there Steve, i'll be paranoid about something breaking lol
If the missus can't get thee time off work there will be a spare seat in the van if you want to come along

eddie99 - 10/1/12 at 07:52 PM

Bump... Anyone else interested?

Pezza - 24/1/12 at 09:38 PM

Car all loaded up ready for tomorrow, see you there in the morning

[Edited on 25-1-12 by Pezza]

eddie99 - 24/1/12 at 11:45 PM

Yup me too, all loaded up, going to get there early! We will be in elite Motorsport engineering jackets in garage 6

eddie99 - 26/1/12 at 11:36 AM

We had a brillant day, 120 odd laps, was a bit frustrating at times being 2nd quickest car there but otherwise was great fun....

Sorry to hear about the MK, i didnt see it so not sure how bad it was??? Hope you can get it back to a good state quickly

welderman - 26/1/12 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
We had a brillant day, 120 odd laps, was a bit frustrating at times being 2nd quickest car there but otherwise was great fun....

Sorry to hear about the MK, i didnt see it so not sure how bad it was??? Hope you can get it back to a good state quickly

are you on about Pezza's car ?

bi22le - 26/1/12 at 12:38 PM

What happened??

I completly forgot about this track day. I would of not got there in time anyway as I was working.

I hope it went well. Did you take any pics or vids Eddie?

are you going to review the tyres and your day. Would be nice to get a review, and if you were second fastest, what was fastest?

eddie99 - 26/1/12 at 12:57 PM

Yeah pezzas car I didnt see what happened or the aftermath but he wasnt out in the afternoon.

Not easy to compare because it wasnt as dry as the previous trackday.

We were doing early 59's yesterday on the 15" R888, As apposed to 58's before on 15" halfords tyres.

I've got a fair bit of video footage, however it was the first time on that seven and the front rollcage got right in the way, but i'll dig out and split out a couple of laps and get it on youtube over the coming few days...

As above, shame about conditions but gives me an excuse to go back there soon i guess

Quickest car there was a green caterham with 260bhp duratec on slicks so wasnt really comparable to us with our 110bhp

welderman - 26/1/12 at 02:25 PM

Sounds as though you enjoyed it though, i would have thought the 888's in better conditions would have been alot better, shame about Pezza

will look out for video post

eddie99 - 26/1/12 at 02:49 PM

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=4030&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=13 />

[Edited on 26/1/12 by eddie99]

Stuart_B - 26/1/12 at 09:01 PM

It was a great day out there, just a shame about the conditions.

And the Mk hopeful he gets sorted soon

Stu

Pezza - 27/1/12 at 05:18 PM

Yeah binned it coming out of graham hill corner.
Wishbones, shock, nose, wing and side panel all damaged.

Chassis is a bit chewed up too.
Scary how thin the metal is on some of the tubes, someone obviously over did it when dressing back the welds!
I'll get some pics of the damage when I strip it back saturday.

In the mean time here's a little clip of my excursion lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VbolnC3jzdM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ok, doesn't seem to want to embed.

try this

[Edited on 27-1-12 by Pezza]

[Edited on 27-1-12 by Pezza]

PAUL FISHER - 27/1/12 at 06:11 PM

Gutted for you, its easy done, they always seem to speed up on the wet grass hope its a easy repair

welderman - 27/1/12 at 06:15 PM

Bugger. As long as your alreet. Car will fix

Stuart_B - 27/1/12 at 06:24 PM

gutted for you ben

hope for a quick rebuild

stu

dlatch - 27/1/12 at 07:00 PM

bad luck pezza

Coopz - 27/1/12 at 07:17 PM

I cringed when I watched the video pezza! Absolutely gutted for you bud...At least your in one piece, I hope you get the car back on the road as soon and hassle free as possible.