Board logo

who's been out for a drive today?
AndyW - 10/11/13 at 04:43 PM

Half way through decorating the hall, stairs and landing and kept looking out the window at the glorious sun shine. So, put away my paint brushes for an hour and went out for a blast in the kit. What a great drive, bit chilly but wrapped up warm.

Gave a major scare to a Porsche GTS when pulling away from a round about, he tried bless him.

Back home and painting again.

So who else has been out and what did you get up too? Gentle drive or outright hoon!

Andy

Dave Bailey - 10/11/13 at 05:07 PM

Yep went out for a quick blat to try and get a few more miles done to shake down the car.... Ended up with a loose front cycle wing... (Loose screw)

Spent Saturday sorting out the cooling and now it gets up to temp... Just need to raise the fan cut in temp to 95 degrees....

Dave B

StrikerChris - 10/11/13 at 05:23 PM

Went out with the best intentions,boost turned down,12psi in the tyres and still poo ourselves with in 5 miles, froze within 6, eventually gave up after the involuntary 5th gear tyre lite up.cars tucked up for winter now! No fun when you cant relax for a second.

Chris

black fingernail - 10/11/13 at 05:52 PM

Had a nice uneventful blat to Buckfast Abbey for sunday lunch.

gingerprince - 10/11/13 at 06:45 PM

Went out for a quick blat this afternoon, trying to rule out some more potential issues with my car. Ended up being out over 2 hours Bloody cold, though!

mortsi - 10/11/13 at 07:03 PM

really wanted to go out not been out on a proper run since the re-build but the cold weather and wet roads beat me

gingerprince where in leeds are you from?

gingerprince - 10/11/13 at 07:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mortsi
gingerprince where in leeds are you from?

I'm in Rodley. Are you local?

mortsi - 10/11/13 at 07:22 PM

20 mile trek away im in castleford
havnt seen anyone local on here they all seem to be miles south or miles north

StrikerChris - 10/11/13 at 08:24 PM

North Wales councils obviously need some tips from your lot for road surfaces! Sun was shining but was still greasy as hell here.3 unfortunate people died lastweek in separate accidents but all they do is lower the speed limits around here.maybe the powers that be should look deeper into why the roads are such death traps here.maybe its down to the cheap temporary road surfaces and thousands of gravel wagons spilling diesel, cowmuck etc spread all over the roads etc. sticking temporary signs up doesnt get to the route cause.im glad I wasn't riding a bike today.

welderman - 10/11/13 at 08:27 PM

Yep. About 30 miles. God it was cold though.

emlyno - 10/11/13 at 08:47 PM

Went south from Shrewsbury through the lanes to Knighton. The roads were lethal with mud and leaves and driving into the sun didn't help. Returned through Clun and Kerry which made up for it. Blooming cold though.

beaver34 - 10/11/13 at 09:11 PM

quote:

I'm in altofts not far away

daveb666 - 10/11/13 at 09:18 PM

quote:

Huddersfield here mate, so I'm not far away

ReMan - 10/11/13 at 10:02 PM

Yep
About 40 miles round
Washed it first in 10 minutes then set off to dry it.
Nice run out in the sun as far as my mum's and back.

As I said to the mrs, this is why I still tax it in November.

Good times , brothers