Board logo

Trip to Ponderosa on Sat.
emlyno - 9/4/14 at 08:32 PM

Shropshire Alternative Car Club (SHACC) are taking their Off Sorn celebratory trip on Sat 12th to the Ponderosa Cafe on the Horseshoe Pass.
Leaving Mile End Services, Oswestry at 11,0am.
Everyone welcome whatever you're driving.

zzr-fleet - 9/4/14 at 08:40 PM

How many cars are going? Will they all be kit cars?
My car is not finished yet but i will come for a look.

emlyno - 9/4/14 at 10:16 PM

Not sure how many at the moment but will be mostly kits of some sort of another.
It'll be nice to see you there.

Proby - 10/4/14 at 07:13 AM

Thus would be a nice run out for me, would love to come but unfortunately I'm off to North Wales for the weekend with family (in the tin top! ). Be sure to post any other runs out later in the year as I'd be interested in joining you!

Daf - 10/4/14 at 09:49 AM

I'll come! Best I can do is bring pictures of my unfinished project though

emlyno - 10/4/14 at 08:11 PM

It'll be great to see you.

perksy - 10/4/14 at 09:20 PM

Sadly already have plans otherwise i'd of popped up.

Had a few runouts with ScACC and they're a friendly bunch, Yoland and Rog who run it are real enthusiasts

Crazylegs - 20/3/17 at 08:11 AM

Hi guys,

Bit of a cheeky request.

Is there anyone around North Wales that would be happy to take me for a quick blast in their BEC please as I'd like to get a feel for one before I potentially purchase a BEC this year?

I'm based in Conwy but I'm often in Llangollen most weekends at the GF's place so I can also do that area.

Many thanks,

Marc

CosKev3 - 20/3/17 at 11:17 AM

I would have said yeah if my car was likely to be road worthy again any time soon

Contact ZX12RDUG on here,he's in Gobowen and heads out North Wales way when it's warm/dry!

Crazylegs - 20/3/17 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
I would have said yeah if my car was likely to be road worthy again any time soon

Contact ZX12RDUG on here,he's in Gobowen and heads out North Wales way when it's warm/dry!

Thanks Kev for this! I will get in contact with him, he will probably tell me to bugger off but it's worth a try!

Sorry to hear yours is off the road, must be quite frustrating for you. What engine is in yours?

Cheers.

Crazylegs - 20/3/17 at 09:05 PM

Hey bud, nothing is coming up under that Username when I search for it.

Is that definitely the correct name?

Thanks.

CosKev3 - 20/3/17 at 09:19 PM

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/members/zx12r%20dug/

Mines a R1 powered car,which I'm currently turbocharging

I've had it on the road the last two summers and covered just over 7000 miles,so although it is frustrating it won't be on the road for the spring I'm enjoying doing the conversion and pretty sure it will be worth it in the end

Crazylegs - 20/3/17 at 09:25 PM

Wow, that sounds crazy. I'd be happy with the R1 engine alone but with boost it should be savage.

Thanks mate, I found it after doing some more research and I've since messaged him, many thanks!

Marc