Board logo

r1 slides in throttle bodies?
jlayton - 2/6/15 at 08:55 PM

Hi just completed my 2003 r1 turbo conversion, and made 235bhp at 9 psi. Tuned by pdq, which was great. The guy said the car was making the same power at 80% throttle position as it did at 100% he recommended or thought the slides in the carbs was not fully opening as I have a pipe linking the breathers out the top(don't no if they are breathers) so he recommended finding a way to keep them fully open permantly .does anyone have any suggestion s on how to? Also a few other little tips he gave me was removing 90 degree silicone hose for a hard pipe 1 and putting a shround to my intercooler
Kind regardd

adithorp - 2/6/15 at 09:24 PM

I believe there's a kit to hold them open. "Graves slide stops" rings a bell.

FASTdan - 3/6/15 at 08:00 AM

Why did they have slides as standard? They are a strange crossover from the R1 carb to throttle bodies, I dont quite understand why a throttle body needs a slide.....

jlayton - 3/6/15 at 09:17 AM

All I no it's a 2003 r1 5pw. first r1 injection engine I believe and they have slides in,

CosKev3 - 3/6/15 at 07:16 PM

Nice power!

Where's the pics of your set up please?

SPYDER - 3/6/15 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FASTdan
... I dont quite understand why a throttle body needs a slide.....

You and me both.

adithorp - 3/6/15 at 08:43 PM

Think they were there to tame the initial throttle response and reduce the number of riders being thrown off. later 5vy has secondary ECU controled throttles that do the same.