Board logo

750mc Silverstone Aug 23rd-24th
procomp - 5/8/08 at 08:43 AM

Hi the 750mc have there flagship meeting at Silverstone on Aug 23rd - 24th.

Racing will be from all 750 formulas. there is also an auto jumble. And the main feature / theme of the weekend is the celebration of Mallock sports cars 50 years.

I will add a link to the running order PDF with all the weekend info on it when it is up on the web in a few days time. Also a roll call of forum members racing.

Cheers matt

pumpers - 5/8/08 at 09:45 AM

Sadly I wont be racing here either

We have just bought a business so all my cash and time is currently tied up in that.

Looks like my only race left this season will be the Birkett!!

Hopefully I'll squeeze a trackday or two in but looks like my season's virtually over!!

Roll on next year - If things go to plan thne I'll be doing the full season!

Have fun everyone.

Pumpers, Locost no 63.

MK9R - 5/8/08 at 10:01 AM

I'll be there to watch and to try and gets some hints and tips for getting car ready for the RGB series next year

82 Locost - 5/8/08 at 02:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pumpers

Sadly I wont be racing here either

Me neither, tightening my belt.

Richd - 5/8/08 at 02:35 PM

I'll be there!!!!!!!

hopefully without the overheating issues of donington.

Cheers
Rich
Locost #25

pointy - 5/8/08 at 03:28 PM

Me too..

Will also be there for friday afternoon testing.

Andy P (Ssshhhh he might go faster now that he's lost that heavy novice cross)

Bobbus - 5/8/08 at 04:35 PM

MK9R:

I don't know whether you are aware or not, but there's a forum for RGB where Adrian Moore (Genesis class B) has written a load of very helpful advice for newbies.

http://www.rgb-racing.org.uk/rgbbb/index.php

Rob.

quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
I'll be there to watch and to try and gets some hints and tips for getting car ready for the RGB series next year

MK9R - 5/8/08 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bobbus
MK9R:

I don't know whether you are aware or not, but there's a forum for RGB where Adrian Moore (Genesis class B) has written a load of very helpful advice for newbies.

http://www.rgb-racing.org.uk/rgbbb/index.php

Rob.

quote:

no i wasn't superb, thanks!!

ernie - 5/8/08 at 07:36 PM

Unfortunatly I wont be there. Also a tightning of belt! But will be at snett and Birkett

procomp - 11/8/08 at 08:36 AM

Hi still no PDF file up on the 750 website as yet. Mind still a week and a 1/2 to go.

Also for those at a loose end on Thursday night there is the POWER NIGHTS RACING taking place on the 21st. With testing/qualifying tacking place during Thursday day time and the racing starts at 5.30pm till 8.30pm.

The racing consists of short races ( 10 I think ) kind of the equivalent of 20/20 cricket.

We are hopefully tacking part with two cars so hoping to have a fun week/ weekend over the Thursday and 750mc testing on Friday and then also racing over the sat/Sun.

Cheers Matt

Richd - 12/8/08 at 05:39 PM

Good grief, Garages for the locosts !!!

[Edited on 12/8/08 by Richd]

procomp - 13/8/08 at 07:25 AM

Hi yep Locost got garages. And so have the KITS. And we have garages for the power nights also . Looks like i will be living inside garage 7B for 5 days .

Well the weekends time table and paddock plan is out on the 750mc site. LINK HERE.

Racing includes: KITS - LOCOST - RGB - BIKE SPORTS - HOTHATCH - STOCKHATCH - GOLF'S - MR 2'S - SAXMAX - FORMULA 4 - FORMULA 750 - 750 TROPHY. And the theme of the weekend is the celebration of mallock cars 50 years racing. With one race on Sat and one on Sun. So a very packed weekend racing with various other activities going on also such as the usual auto jumble - car displays etc.

Unfortunately not too many forum members racing this weekend.

LOCOST: #4 aligarratt - #6 Gloves -#14 TMC - #21 gib1et - #25 Richd - #39 stevetzoid - #43 simes43 - #47 Rob palin - #68pointy
- #73 Robster.

RGB: #7 progers.

And as usual i am sure all will appreciate any support from other forum members who are there so drop by and say HI.

Cheers matt

Gloves - 13/8/08 at 04:49 PM

Matt,

unfortunately I have had to pull out as I broke a bone in my wrist when Matt and I had our coming together at Donny. I've had to have surgery to have a screw put in to hold the pieces of bone together to give it a chance to heal. I should find out in early Sept if its working or if I need a brone graft, but whatever the doctors say I'm sidelined for the foreseeable future, most probably the rest of the season.
On a positive note I must say the Donnington medical facilities and staff were great, I was seen, diagnosed and had my arm in a cast in about 20 mins. It took me longer than that to get to the receptionist at A&E on the following Sunday to get an appointment at the fracture clinic.

Mark

pointy - 13/8/08 at 05:51 PM

Mark,

Thats a real shame bearing in mind a third place was well within your reach.

Speedy recovery and look forward to Mallory perhaps!!

Andy p (locost68)

procomp - 14/8/08 at 07:09 AM

Hi

Mark Sorry to hear about that. I had no idea you had received injuries during that incident with Matt.C .

After such a good run of results and your hard work getting engine problems Etc sorted i am sure you are gutted. As i am sure all of the formula are for you also.

Hope you have a speedy recovery with not too many inconveniences along the way. Are you attending any off the races to watch or will that just increase the pain being on the wrong side of the fence.

Cheers Matt

Gloves - 14/8/08 at 05:50 PM

Cheers Guys,

I am very dissapointed but thats racing I suppose, I'll remember to let go of the steering wheel next time. It didn't really hurt at the time, just a vague ache that one of the marshalls said I should get checked out by the medics and was revealed to be broken scaphoid on x ray which the NHS have very kindly screwed together for me. Its a bit of a bummer as I can't drive anywhere now with the cast on so am reliant on lifts everywhere. I am going to try and get a lift to Silverstone to keep in the swing, and will try and get out again for Mallory as only one good hand, some chassis repairs and a new baby due in mid Sept are probably going to conspire to keep me away from Snett.

See you all soon

Mark

andylancaster3000 - 16/8/08 at 11:57 PM

Garages, what a treat. Will be veryn welcome if last years weather is anything to go by!

Question to other competitors out there: Has anyone got any tickets going spare?! I got fed up with throwing tickets away I asked a few too many people if they fancied coming along. Having said that, how picky are the people on the gates at s'stone about tickets if you were to turn up friday evening? (as we're planning on doing)

Andy
(kits #29)

procomp - 17/8/08 at 09:01 AM

Hi

I think you will be hard pushed to get in Friday night without any tickets. They are quite hot with there security and given that theres racing / testing on for most of the week it will be ticket or payment only i would imagine.

Cheers Matt

Ps just a thought try asking on the locosters Yahoo site. LINK here. There may be a few with spare tickets there.

[Edited on 17/8/08 by procomp]

Richd - 20/8/08 at 06:22 PM

Silverstone weather forecast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838

TimC - 21/8/08 at 12:01 PM

I think I may come along and watch this as I have a free weekend.

Anyone else? Matt - I'll come and say Hello. Mine's white with a 1/2.

MK9R - 21/8/08 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC

I'll be there

TimC - 21/8/08 at 12:18 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

I'll be there

Coolio.

Bobbus - 21/8/08 at 12:27 PM

I would come along and say hi, but I'm back in sydney so I don't think I'll make it somehow..

Good luck to everyone who's racing.

progers - 21/8/08 at 03:12 PM

MK9R & TimC - do come by and say hello to the RGB gang - our alloted area is in the outer paddock (2nd row). Me and Derek Jones are usually parked up together.

There is an RGB drivers meeting around 12.30 - 1.30 so we won't be around then. Practice is at 10.05, race at 2.40

Cheers

Paul

P.S. Our coffee is better than Matts

MK9R - 21/8/08 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by progers
MK9R & TimC - do come by and say hello to the RGB gang - our alloted area is in the outer paddock (2nd row). Me and Derek Jones are usually parked up together.

There is an RGB drivers meeting around 12.30 - 1.30 so we won't be around then. Practice is at 10.05, race at 2.40

Cheers

Paul

P.S. Our coffee is better than Matts

Cool, will see you after practise

andylancaster3000 - 24/8/08 at 10:30 PM

Finally, a finish of a full race! And good fun it was too. Car and engine behaved well (except for probable dieing H-Gasket again judging by the amount of coolant in the catch tank by the end of the race)

Really starting to get to grips with the car now but it's very evident that at circuits like that another 50 odd bhp would be rather useful!

Few pics from the weekend:

TimC - 25/8/08 at 08:23 AM

From my perspective, Paul Rogers had a superbly entertaining battle with Josh Smith in RGB which went to the bitter end - I'm not sure how many times they passed each other but if there's video anywhere it would be well worth a look.

What it proved is, in real terms there is pretty much no difference between the 2003 and 2005 R1 in a car.

Josh just sneaked the place but Paul took the moral victory by virtue of excellent tasting coffee and exceptional post-race cake. Thanks for that.

Richd - 27/8/08 at 01:51 PM

Race report for Locost #25 (Sunday)

Never driven Silverstone before qualifying on sunday so wasnt expecting miracles. But I got one. Thanks to a few canny tows I managed to secure p10 on the grid. I thought my lap timer was playing tricks on me when it was showing in the 1 min 14's (lap record-ish for the locosts)

Race arrived and I sat on the grid feeling somewhat out of place in the company.

Reasonable start and even thought about sneaking up the inside of the row ahead. thought better and settled in behind. arrived at the 2nd corner and made an almighty pigs ear of things, sliding straight on "through" the pack and out the other side. One consolation was that momentarily I did hold 6th place.

As I rejoined the course I had dropped about 40-50 yards behind the lead bunch and lost any chance of a tow, so spent the middle third of the race on my own until James o'donnell and Rhys Owen drafted up and caught me. The last three laps or so were fantastic with the positions changing every few seconds all clean, all brave and a credit to the locosters. I eventually finished 16th. can't wait for Snetterton. Well done to all the guys.

Cheers
Rich

procomp - 27/8/08 at 02:25 PM

Hi right found 5 minutes .

From our point of view we had some godd bits and some bad bits from the long weekend we had. Wednesday to Sunday.

The power nights racing was a good day with time to get the cars settled in and iron out a few problems on Darryl's as he had not sat or ran the car for over a year.

The racing was a bit strange as it was handicapped and reverse grid. So they spent most of the time trying to get past the slower cars whilst also trying to get out the way of the quicker cars. but in general it was a Bl##dy good days testing and racing and thoroughly enjoyed it .

The Fridays 750mc test day was a good day STEVZOID from here was running under the lap record for the locost and had success setting his new dampers up. Darryl was on the pace for his class but was not going quick enough to catch Garry good year with 200 odd bhp down the fast straights of silverstone despite having him on the corners.

Saturdays kit race was a bit disappointing for us we had Steve lose 4th gear so was shifting from 3rd to 5th which was killing him on lap times. And Darryl was knocked quite badly into the copse corner on lap 6 or 7 which pushed the tracking out a million miles and he found some what adventurous braking at the next corner so pulled the race early in case it was significant damage.

Sundays locost. Well again it was close in qualifying with SIMES 43 qualifying on pole and STEVEZOID coming 3rd. ROB PALIN 5th and Richd 10th on his first visit to the track ever and a new engine fitted. The racing was as close as ever with 14 cars fighting for the first group all trading places every corner. Declan fell foul of a broken gearbox early on. Simes 43 had a spin ( i think he was helped mind ) so that was the 1st and 3rd guys in the championship out . The rest then continued to fight to the end with the first two pulling a few cars length clear leaving the chasing pack of around 10 to draft and sort it out.

Poor STEVEZOIDE who qualified 3rd his best yet was unable to take the grid to start the race as he had run the main bearing out during qualifying but considering he only did a few laps with no drafting. I am sure he would have had pole if he had got a draft and a few more laps in.

LOCOST results can be found HERE

RGB results can be found HERE

KITS results can be found HERE

Hopefully the video footage of the locost race should be up soon so i will put a link up when it's up.

All in all the weather just about held off and it was a good weekends racing. Roll on Snetterton where hopfully i wil get out myself with the BIO locost.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 27/8/08 by procomp]

TimC - 27/8/08 at 03:11 PM

Be careful with footage. I know Bob from RGB was made to sign a form agreeing to pay Silverstone £25,000 if he made his video available on tinternet.

procomp - 27/8/08 at 03:59 PM

Hi Tim.

yep we had the same for Saturday's Kits also. But Sundays locosters video forms had no mention of it. Just hope we have kept the form to prove it.

Cheers Matt

progers - 29/8/08 at 07:29 AM

I've uploaded my Video of the RGB race here : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=85mIO89t-Io

Unfortunately a fly decided to headbutt my bullet camera lens at 100mph so the view is not so clear...

Enjoy

Paul

progers - 29/8/08 at 07:30 AM

[Edited on 29/8/08 by progers]

Rob Palin - 29/8/08 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi Tim.

yep we had the same for Saturday's Kits also. But Sundays locosters video forms had no mention of it. Just hope we have kept the form to prove it.

Cheers Matt

Sorry chief but it was on there. It said that if you publish the video anywhere & they see it they'll ask you for a £25k donation to the circuit's impossibly big cash gift to B. Ecclestone if he brings the GP back there.

progers - 29/8/08 at 11:53 AM

[Edited on 29/8/08 by progers]

progers - 29/8/08 at 11:58 AM

I wouldn't worry about the silly payment clauses put on those forms. Some of the RGB drivers contacted the circuit (Silverstone and MSV ones) and the line from them is that they are OK with video's being published on YouTube etc as long as there is no commercial gain and does not show the circuit in poor light.

We have e-mail to back this up. In reality the circuits are just covering themselves and realise that there are hundreds of video's out there of their circuits. They are not going to sue us.

You can see the discussion on the RGB forum http://www.rgb-racing.org.uk/

Keep posting those videos

- Paul

procomp - 30/8/08 at 02:20 PM

Hi paul.

I am glad someone has managed to get some sense sorted on exactly what they actually meant with this wording they have been using.

Right roll on the videos.

Cheers Matt

rmo79 - 10/10/08 at 12:34 PM

quote:

As I rejoined the course I had dropped about 40-50 yards behind the lead bunch and lost any chance of a tow, so spent the middle third of the race on my own until James o'donnell and Rhys Owen drafted up and caught me. The last three laps or so were fantastic with the positions changing every few seconds all clean, all brave and a credit to the locosters. I eventually finished 16th. can't wait for Snetterton. Well done to all the guys.

Just watched your video on youtube Rich, was a great battle for the last few laps! Best bit of racing I've had so far I'd say, shame about the waved yellow on the last lap though.

See you at Mallory!
Cheers,
Rhys #31