Board logo

Stoneleigh
focijohn - 16/3/09 at 08:36 PM

Yes its a while away, but got my "reminder" through from Gosvenor Exhibitions. Hands up whos going? Was comtemplating taking SWMBO but it would only moan and she deosnt eat meat (insert own joke) nor does she drink stella so no use to me....

John

omega0684 - 16/3/09 at 08:41 PM

me me me me me me me me me me me me , in fact ive driven past there several times in the past few days

get the misses to make us all a salad to go with the burgers that are going to be severed up on the mk stand!

[Edited on 16/3/09 by omega0684]

grazzledazzle - 16/3/09 at 08:45 PM

I will be there on the ginetta owners club stand.

Danozeman - 16/3/09 at 08:49 PM

Ill be there. not sure where ill be parked yet. probably all over the place.

adithorp - 16/3/09 at 08:50 PM

I'll be there. Missed doing it in the Fury last year by a month (got reg 1st June) so definatly going this year.

adrian

Keith Weiland - 16/3/09 at 08:51 PM

I'll be there looking for parts and ideas.

mcerd1 - 16/3/09 at 08:52 PM

I'll be there at some point in the tin-top (again) mostly around the dax owners stand I'd guess

clairetoo - 16/3/09 at 08:52 PM

I'll be there

focijohn - 16/3/09 at 08:53 PM

Ill have a wonder around... see if i can spot any of you lot.

[Edited on 16/3/09 by focijohn]

dinosaurjuice - 16/3/09 at 08:56 PM

ill be there with the docket

omega0684 - 16/3/09 at 08:56 PM

am i right in thinking that its free to get in for kitcar owners

focijohn - 16/3/09 at 09:00 PM

reading the lil tiny print on the letter £5 compared to £25 for non-kit car drivers, inc camping and show guide. £15 per adult passenger

[Edited on 16/3/09 by focijohn]

adithorp - 16/3/09 at 09:02 PM

Yes, although I think pasengers have to pay.

adrian

mcerd1 - 16/3/09 at 09:03 PM

its normally free for the kit driver, the passenger has to pay something though

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 16/3/09 at 09:05 PM

i'll be there,third year now first time not in the tintop,how to recognise each other,any ideas
wayne

omega0684 - 16/3/09 at 09:09 PM

bit of a rant

man they just keep hiking up the prices, last time i went 2 years ago it was £10, last year it was £12 and now its going to be £15, where do they get off charging that amount of money! even £5 for us kit car owners is ridiculous. if it wern't for us there wouldn't be a show!

focijohn - 16/3/09 at 09:09 PM

walk around with hands in the air?

focijohn - 16/3/09 at 09:10 PM

just getting the old man to scan the "reminder" i got... do they change it to free on the day or something?

roadrunner - 16/3/09 at 09:13 PM

There ought to be a Locost builders stand.
Edited to say, would it be the biggest stand there.

[Edited on 16/3/09 by roadrunner]

omega0684 - 16/3/09 at 09:14 PM

it doesn't say anything on there about fee's for kitcar owners

Benzine - 16/3/09 at 09:19 PM

I've never been T_T If I can get my car ready in time I'd like to

focijohn - 16/3/09 at 09:19 PM

[img][/img]

If ive miss read something .... im tired

dave-69isit - 16/3/09 at 09:20 PM

there useualy is a locost stand behind mk

Paul (Notts) - 16/3/09 at 09:21 PM

normally £5 to camp friday sat nights but free if you just turn up for the day Rescued attachment free.JPG
Rescued attachment free.JPG

myeates - 16/3/09 at 09:22 PM

il be there first time in locost

focijohn - 16/3/09 at 09:22 PM

no brainer really. Ive still got to pay

omega0684 - 16/3/09 at 09:23 PM

yeah that form is for camping space though, so you are paying for the tent space etc. i only live 5 minutes from stoneliegh so don't intend to camp there but want to go each day, but im not paying £5 every day i go

MkII - 16/3/09 at 09:24 PM

I'll be there, hope its fine got soaked on the way home last year. m.

mcerd1 - 16/3/09 at 09:25 PM

its just £5 for the whole weekends camping Alex

focijohn - 16/3/09 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
yeah that form is for camping space though, so you are paying for the tent space etc. i only live 5 minutes from stoneliegh so don't intend to camp there but want to go each day, but im not paying £5 every day i go

Just read that, lets hope im better at this car building lark than reading

MakeEverything - 16/3/09 at 09:26 PM

I cant go unfortunately. We will have a bereavement in the family if i go!!
My Late stepdaughters birthday im afraid.

Have a few beers for me!!! (those that are Camping that is!! - Those that arend, dont get caught!!)

jollygreengiant - 16/3/09 at 09:52 PM

I've JUST received an invite to my niece's wedding on the Saturday, down in Romsey. Hmmmm could be a bit of a no brainer, as I'm/have organised the Luego stand, although it might depend on how I get on on Monday. Panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, panic, argh so much to do soooooo little time.

dhutch - 16/3/09 at 10:00 PM

Hoping to go, if i do, it will be in the kitcar!

rusty nuts - 16/3/09 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
normally £5 to camp friday sat nights but free if you just turn up for the day

Don't you mean Sat and Sunday nights Paul?

stevec - 16/3/09 at 10:10 PM

Me sunday and monday,
Steve.

mangogrooveworkshop - 16/3/09 at 10:17 PM

Mangos going to be there in the seven. Taking all the parts back that Ive bought over the years together in a car.......to where they came from
Its going to be a BEC of a trek as the p100 will be under going it resto/pimp my ride thing so its a seven (hour) ride from Alba 351 mi – about 6 hours 0 mins + 1hour stops and starts

[Edited on 16-3-09 by mangogrooveworkshop]

bob - 16/3/09 at 10:32 PM

Remember the show is sunday/monday as its a bank holiday,but if camping you can get in saturday after midday and dont have to leave till tuesday morning so not bad for a fiver if in the kit.

Showers are not that brilliant but most cope.

theconrodkid - 17/3/09 at 07:43 AM

elements of the west london mafia will be there

irvined - 17/3/09 at 11:47 AM

I'll be there in the seven this year, debating the overnight to harwich or just driving down saturday morning.

I have a cunning plan to avoid having to pick my bonnet up from the side of the a14 this year. First, my engine has been rebuilt, and no longer consumes a pint oil per tank of fuel, subsequently avoiding the need to constantly top up

I think I may need a post-it note on the steering wheel for good measure though

wilkingj - 17/3/09 at 01:40 PM

Just £5 for a weekends camping...

UNGRATEFUL LOT

Just hope the organisers dont ever get greedy.

I used to be a regular at this event:

Billing Aquadrome Landy Show prices:
Day tickets in advance £7.50, £10 on the gate.

You can camp for the week for just £120

Last time I went, about 10 years ago it was £60 for the weekend just to Camp!

You lot dont know you are born!
</Rant>

EDIT: I should be at Stoneleigh.

[Edited on 17/3/2009 by wilkingj]

richard - 20/3/09 at 07:11 PM

Going back to the 'how do we reconise each other' and keeping with the locost theme.
How about a pound shop special HV orange vest with lostbuilders written on it so you do not get mistaken for a show helper.
Richard.

rusty nuts - 20/3/09 at 07:40 PM

I will be wearing one of my Locost tee shirt,

hobzy - 21/3/09 at 08:43 AM

I'll be there in the BEC with SWMBO. It'll be her first significant trip in it too so should be "entertaining". Hopefully will be camping so would love to meet up with some of you lot for some evening beers sunday night...

chrisg - 21/3/09 at 12:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by richard
Going back to the 'how do we reconise each other' and keeping with the locost theme.
How about a pound shop special HV orange vest with lostbuilders written on it so you do not get mistaken for a show helper.
Richard.

Not a problem for me as I'm famous.

I might wear a disguise, just to get a break from the groupies...

Cheers

Napolean

(wibble)

bob - 21/3/09 at 06:51 PM

Chris just make sure the kettle is on in the luxury bungalow on wheels, i will be there saturday just after noon.

Barbecue and a few beers saturday evening pre show.

theconrodkid - 21/3/09 at 06:56 PM

ill be there sunday morning chris,tea no sugar and a bacon roll with plenty mustard please

DIY Si - 22/3/09 at 01:52 AM

Have to say that I forgot to pay to camp last year, and no-one came round or said anything. I was camped on the Locost Stand itself though, so I don't know if it made any difference. Assuming I can afford to get the car back together in time, I'll be there with a few mates hopefully.

chrisg - 23/3/09 at 11:31 AM

The presidential caravan won't be making an appearance this year, I'm staying at the local five star (which you can see through the hole in the roof) hotel.

So I'm coming to sponge off you.

Cheers

Chris

Vindi_andy - 24/3/09 at 03:45 PM

I will be cominng but dont think Ill quite make it in Tango.

Got my SVA on the 23rd April and even if I pass first time ( unlikely) its a bit optomistic to think Ill be registered in a week.

flak monkey - 25/3/09 at 09:33 PM

I'll be there with Sarah again, probably hanging around the MK stand again if poss.

Shall be going up on the saturday afternoon and camping all weekend. Hope the weather's better this year!

quote:
Originally posted by richard
Richard.

Always tricky, I usually recognise cars and not people which is normal I would say. Plus I am rubbish with names and faces!

I'll be the with long hair, band t-shirt and baggy jeans hanging around and looking for someone to talk to

David

[Edited on 25/3/09 by flak monkey]