Board logo

Ashby Foleville
Valtra - 8/6/13 at 08:57 PM

Hoping to get my seats bolted back in and get the car running well enough to skip across to Ashby F on Tuesday, weather here has been cold all week despite the rest of the country basking in sun and heat . hopefully we'll get our share then .

swanny - 8/6/13 at 09:13 PM

I'm hoping to take the spyder if the weathers half decent

Paul

madteg - 8/6/13 at 10:03 PM

Will try to get over if i can finish work early.

chris-g - 9/6/13 at 10:04 AM

I hope to be going, but unlikely to turn up in anything more exotic than an old Astra

What time does it start and how busy does it get? I have heard rumours that in recent years its been spoiled by the maxpower types.

Valtra - 9/6/13 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris-g
I hope to be going, but unlikely to turn up in anything more exotic than an old Astra

What time does it start and how busy does it get? I have heard rumours that in recent years its been spoiled by the maxpower types.

On a good weather evening the pitch will fill up before 6 and cars/bikes will turn up from about 4, Max power types are like I was 30 years ago . Good luck to them I say

swanny - 10/6/13 at 08:06 AM

weather looks rubbish again :-(

chris-g - 10/6/13 at 08:13 AM

The rain is going to stay to west and breakup by the time the cloud gets to the east mids. At least that's what the forecast said this morning, it will be different tomorrow morning

Valtra - 10/6/13 at 12:21 PM

quote:
The rain is going to stay to west and breakup by the time the cloud gets to the east mids. At least that's what the forecast said this morning, it will be different tomorrow morning

That's the way I read it ...but we'll see tomorrow morning . After a cold week (yes it was here) last week we are acclimatized to less than perfect weather so we can live with it, having said that if it's too cold I can always take my wee 500

swanny - 10/6/13 at 01:04 PM

looks good enough for me. :-)

Valtra - 11/6/13 at 12:05 AM

The sun may make an appearance by the look of it

swanny - 11/6/13 at 07:29 AM

see you there :-)

chris-g - 11/6/13 at 09:44 PM

Cracking evening, lots of interesting cars and interesting bikes. This was my first visit to the show and I thought is was for classics but its actually open to anything interesting. Looking forward to next month, hope the weather is good.

swanny - 11/6/13 at 09:46 PM

Yep only my second time, much better turn out this time. Some cracking stuff. Was going to pop over and introduce myself but didn't see you near the car at any point I was passing.

Paul

chris-g - 11/6/13 at 10:00 PM

That was Geoff's Silverstone and we didn't spend long at the car as there was so much other stuff to see. I will keep an look out for you next month and say hello.

Valtra - 11/6/13 at 10:41 PM

Didn't trust my 27 as the injection kept cutting out . so managed to get the mighty Fiat 500 started eventually to make a late appearance . Great night , good weather, Great cars and bikes . this is an addiction i'm not going to kick any time soon

dhutch - 12/6/13 at 07:07 AM

Still yet to get to Ashby for this, a smattering from my old Uni Motorclub (loughborough) go from time to time but ive not managed it yet and given work have posted me to Delhi for 6months it might not be this year, but the photos usually look pretty good!

Daniel

swanny - 12/6/13 at 08:26 AM

did you see the matt black diesel 7?

chris-g - 12/6/13 at 08:32 AM

Yes, was that your car? Nice wood work

swanny - 12/6/13 at 08:38 AM

no sadly not i wanted to see the owner and find out a bit more. the woodwork still smelt pretty recent. :-)
mine was the blue gtm spyder, tucked at the back under a tree!

chris-g - 12/6/13 at 08:45 AM

I didn't see anyone who looked like they might be owner near the car, it was certainly unique.
Was that the big tree to right of the entrance or at the far end near the beat-up looking VW camper with random junk strapped to the roof?

Benzine - 12/6/13 at 08:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by swanny
no sadly not i wanted to see the owner and find out a bit more. the woodwork still smelt pretty recent. :-)

have you been sniffing my car? haha. Most of that wood was some nice tongue and groove I ripped out of a bathroom.

Was nice to meet you, Valtra

I tried to wear my locostbuilders tshirt but the other half has moved it somewhere so couldn't find it in time

[Edited on 12-6-2013 by Benzine]

swanny - 12/6/13 at 08:56 AM

the far end near the camper

chris-g - 12/6/13 at 09:12 AM

I know which car is yours now Swanny, I will say hello next time if you are to be seen.

Benzine, the boot lid needs a nice coat of varnish and some brass handles

Vindi_andy - 12/6/13 at 11:05 AM

So you are up and running now Benzine. Good news

Didnt have a car this time so didnt go. will have car so hoping to get across next month.

Benzine - 12/6/13 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Benzine, the boot lid needs a nice coat of varnish and some brass handles

Good idea A coat of varnish or oil is on the to do list!

quote:
Originally posted by Vindi_andy
So you are up and running now Benzine. Good news

Didnt have a car this time so didnt go. will have car so hoping to get across next month.

Yeah up and running I tried to go to Ashby Folville 2 months ago but dropped my oil all over the road on the way so had to get recovered! Have you made a start to your other project? Would be nice to see if you have

Valtra - 15/6/13 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:
Originally posted by swanny

have you been sniffing my car? haha. Most of that wood was some nice tongue and groove I ripped out of a bathroom.

Was nice to meet you, Valtra

I tried to wear my locostbuilders tshirt but the other half has moved it somewhere so couldn't find it in time

[Edited on 12-6-2013 by Benzine]

Also great to meet you Benzine. Hopefully I'll get my f27 there next month as well as my locosters t shirt

Also had a gander at Swanny's GTM very nice. and Claire's MX5 v6 was also there but didn't catch the pilot . though could have been hiding behind that huge tacho

Vindi_andy - 16/6/13 at 10:27 PM

Oh yes the other project is now progressing quite well tango was away having some associated work done so had the whole garage to play in for a fortnight. Should be ata point where walls are up soon. You've got my no. Give me a bell if you want to pop over for a brew. I'm even closer now as we've moved to Thorpe park so no fighting through town anymore.

Back in thread I'm going to try and get across to the next foleville meet, but will be a bit late as daughter has asked me to take her to her primary schoolwork in tango and that's on the same night.

Valtra - 8/7/13 at 10:28 PM

Passed my MOT today and taxed up again , sadly still overheating , friend at mot station suggests it could be water pump so that's the next effort, but not in time for this months show . Time to try and crank up the "Mighty Fiat " again . looks like being a classic AF evening

chris-g - 9/7/13 at 07:59 AM

I will be there. Should be a good one with the mighty fine weather we are having.

Vindi_andy - 9/7/13 at 08:35 AM

Might get over there for an hour ish. but it will be later as I have to drop daughter at primary school prom for 6 pm Looking at the weather Ill be in the tintop field.

tilly819 - 9/7/13 at 09:23 AM

I should be there tonight providing I can get the diff back in this afternoon.

Tilly

Valtra - 9/7/13 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Might get over there for an hour ish. but it will be later as I have to drop daughter at primary school prom for 6 pm Looking at the weather Ill be in the tintop field.

Along with many others ... should be well worth a gander over the road tonight !!

chris-g - 10/7/13 at 11:54 AM

Another good one yesterday evening, Glad I went on the push-bike, made it a lot easier getting in and out of the place.

Nice job varnishing the woodwork Benzine, looks much better.

Valtra - 10/7/13 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Another good one yesterday evening, Glad I went on the push-bike, made it a lot easier getting in and out of the place.

[Edited on 10/7/13 by Valtra]

swanny - 10/7/13 at 01:35 PM

quote:

Agreed!

Got there at half five due to traffic ended up parked way up the other field. Great turn out though.

Benzine - 10/7/13 at 04:36 PM

Hehe thanks! It was primarily for performance, the smoothness of the varnish has improved airflow over the wood no end

It was cracking weather, I'm glad I got a shady spot! I've never seen it so busy, took ages to leave.

Vindi_andy - 10/7/13 at 05:30 PM

By the time school thing had finished it was gone half 6 and would have had to leave at 7:15 so was no point.

chris-g - 12/8/13 at 09:53 AM

Tomorrow is the second Tuesday of the month, is Ashby on? Should be going if the weather stays fine.

swanny - 12/8/13 at 09:58 AM

should be there tomorrow, though doubt i'll be early enough to get on the show field.
Went to another similar night last week at the griffin pub in Papplewick Notts. Lots of interesting stuff there too. worth a look.

chris-g - 12/8/13 at 10:06 AM

I think you are better off in the other field, it makes getting out without running over someone that bit easier

I keep meaning to go to Papplewick, which days is it on and what is the entry fee?

swanny - 12/8/13 at 10:28 AM

its the first and third wednesday of the month apparently. 6:30 onwards. last time was the busiest the regulars had seen it in ages but still a later start than ashby. show ground was pretty much full when i arrived at 7:15. big marquee in case it rains with beer and food served in there too.
couple of little rides for kids. show ground maybe slightly smaller than ashby, very few bikes just cars.

by the way, theres an Amercian car night this thursday at Hooters in Nottingham

Valtra - 12/8/13 at 12:51 PM

Don't think I'll make it this month both cars still have "issues and other things pending as well

Vindi_andy - 12/8/13 at 02:10 PM

Cant make it this month either. Unforunately im stuck in Torquay on holiday damn shame. As i post this the sun is shining and theres a beer in my hand

chris-g - 12/8/13 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Cant make it this month either. Unforunately im stuck in Torquay on holiday damn shame. As i post this the sun is shining and theres a beer in my hand

As I am reading this I am at work with coffee in hand, the sky is cloudy and its windy, wish I was there

Unfortunately I can not make Thursday as I have other arrangements. Should be interesting but is the car park at Hooters big enough, American cars are not exactly small.

swanny - 14/8/13 at 08:00 AM

a good night last night, not as busy as last month - i think the downpour we had at about 4 would have scared a few off. arrived at about half five and got on the show field, in glorious sunshine. good night.

swanny - 14/8/13 at 08:03 AM

this was my pick of the bunch. anyone know anything about it?
one off
one off

chris-g - 14/8/13 at 08:14 AM

It was a hell of a thing, very Mad Max. How on earth is passed an IVA, assuming it was built after the introduction of IVA. I admire the work and thought that went into it but not really my sort of thing.

swanny - 14/8/13 at 08:18 AM

american V8, supercharger, it had some interesting bits.
just showed it to some of our chinese colleagues in the office and their response was "very english!"

ReMan - 14/8/13 at 09:23 AM

Dang!
Forgot all about it, last day of my MOT as well.

The Mad max thing is , err different. All credit to the engineering, if not the taste skills of its owner

Dick Axtell - 16/8/13 at 09:01 AM

quote:
It was a hell of a thing, very Mad Max. How on earth is passed an IVA, assuming it was built after the introduction of IVA. I admire the work and thought that went into it but not really my sort of thing.

Is it anybody's sort of thing?? Looks like it was made for an episode of Dr. Who - or possibly Blake's Seven( ).

Saw this at Stoneleigh, a few years ago, but didn't catch the driver/owner. Presume he was lying low somewhere. Your comments re IVA test requirements were much same as my reaction - "How the hell.......??". He appears to have added enough trim to deal with those sharp edges. But what on earth, (or anywhere else, for that matter), inspired the bodywork style( ).

You have to admire the amount of work gone into it.

paulf - 16/8/13 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Dang!
Forgot all about it, last day of my MOT as well.

The Mad max thing is , err different. All credit to the engineering, if not the taste skills of its owner
If its the same car as I saw a while back the engineering is a bit dubious as well, It has McPherson struts on the front and it looked to have a complete Sierra subframe and diff at the back, maybe its still registered as a Sierra.

Dick Axtell - 16/8/13 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paulf
.....maybe its still registered as a Sierra.

Oh!! Gawdelpus, no!!!!!