Board logo

Shelsley Walsh members meeting
Adamirish - 30/3/17 at 09:32 PM

Anyone else from here going? 23rd April. I'll be having a go up the hill, my first try at it so should be a laugh. A friend of mine is going too with his 240bhp Darrian rally car.

I believe they are limiting the day to 90 "competitors" and it's filling up fast!

daniel mason - 30/3/17 at 09:46 PM

If some of the quick guys are there you'll be amazed how fast they can get up shelsley.
I've not yet ventured down to any of the midland hills as I mainly sprint.the only hillclimbs I do are up north.
I'd like to take the force to shelsley and see what it can do

mark chandler - 30/3/17 at 10:03 PM

I'm going up the hill 18th June, be my first time

daniel mason - 30/3/17 at 10:11 PM

Are you sprinting this year mark?

Adamirish - 30/3/17 at 10:55 PM

I believe it's only open to road going cars but I have been to watch a few meetings there last year.

The quick guys are great to watch. Scott Moran, The chap who's name I can't remember driving the manic and a few others is really cool to see! I was stood just up the hill when the manic hit the bank.

I'm looking forward to having a go, even if it will be at a much more sedate pace.

I will more than likely be there when you are mark. I'll get a flag made up ready for you!

mark chandler - 31/3/17 at 07:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Are you sprinting this year mark?

I will be pushing my DB7 around, really struggling to get the little car going since I swapped out the turbo some of Dales magic required!

Just youtubed it, it's as narrow as Wiscombe

[Edited on 31/3/17 by mark chandler]

Adamirish - 24/4/17 at 09:32 PM

The day has been and gone, cracking little event!

Really enjoyed it. A great selection of cars, everything from a Ferrari F430 and an Aston Martin V8 vantage to a Diesel freelander and a 300cc Westwood racing mower complete with number plate and bucket seat. Yes, REALLY!!! There were probably 10 7's, mostly Westfields, a striker and an MNR. I had 5 runs, I assume my 4th was the quickest as I had a massive moment coming out of the Esses on my 5th. Up to that moment I'm positive I was quicker again, my ham fistedness(footedness?) let me down. Massive armfuls of "oppo" required and I managed to rescue it before hitting the bank on the inside. It had been slippery all day so should have known better really.

The car ran faultlessly bar a bit of oil getting on the clutch making it slip at the top of 3rd. Weirdly, the more runs I had the better it got.

It's also the first time I have really explored the limits of the car. It's AWESOME! Even on the T1R's it was very predictable and not exactly lacking in grip. Now I just need more power, a closer ratio gearbox, better suspension and an MSA approved roll bar!

There is another one in September if anyone fancies it.