Board logo

AB Performance GOME Mallory 6 Hour Race - Free Places!
worX - 26/4/08 at 03:50 PM

Hi all,

I'm posting on behalf of Andy Bates as he is currently without t'internet access thanks to the amazing staff of BT...

He wanted me to post this up to give as many people as much as possible of getting organised for the day.

I am already registered for the "race" and my team mate is Jon Ison.

Andy was going along with Al (Wadders) and Phil (Hellfire) but he now cannot make it because he has sold the car he was going in!

And in typical Andy fashion, he said that if anyone else wanted to join and take there car in, then he would happily let them have the place completely Free Of Charge...

If no-one wants to have a go at this, then he will do his best to borrow/rent a car so that he doesn't let down his team-mates, but there must be a few takers out there that would love the opportunity at having free track time and joining in on a great day out???

Please see HERE and HERE and HERE for details of the Guild of Motor Endurance, or send a U2U to Myself or Jon/Phil/Al...

You can call Andy direst to inform him that you want the place (01449 73 66 33) or you can send me a U2U. Obviously usual rules apply - first come first served!

Cheers and thanks for looking!

ATB
Steve

Ps (Phil, I gave Andy your number as I don't have Al's, but he wanted to tell both you guys first, so apologies if I've posted this up before he's had a chance to get in touch!)

Edited to Add:- The Free Of Charge offer from Andy is actually covering BOTH DRIVERS!!! So you'd already be saving £226...

[Edited on 26/4/08 by worX]

welderman - 26/4/08 at 03:55 PM

wish i had a car now

worX - 26/4/08 at 03:59 PM

Well, I know where there's a Black MK Indy for sale..............

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
wish i had a car now

welderman - 26/4/08 at 04:01 PM

i do to now.
But the cash in the pot has gone,.
need to get this fury done eh, me owd cocker.
Wonder if the turbo blade is upto going in the other mk i could get my hands on

[Edited on 26/4/08 by welderman]

JoelP - 26/4/08 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
wish i had a car now

me too...

Dangle_kt - 26/4/08 at 04:23 PM

Steve can you get my car working in 6 days?!?

worX - 26/4/08 at 04:35 PM

Well, maybe, but not get your's up and running, finish re-building mine and build the SprintR!!!

It might be pushing it a bit!

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

82 Locost - 26/4/08 at 04:43 PM

Worx

I'd have loved to do it but my Locost is a racer and not road-legal (a requirement for the race).

Very generous offer though.

Mike

[Edited on 26/4/08 by 82 Locost]

Dangle_kt - 26/4/08 at 04:55 PM

HAHA!

And there was me thinking 6 days was more than enough!! That broom you have up your arse to get all your many projects done is obviously getting lazy!

quote:
Originally posted by worX
Well, maybe, but not get your's up and running, finish re-building mine and build the SprintR!!!

It might be pushing it a bit!
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

welderman - 26/4/08 at 05:36 PM

theres also the small subject of my dash in exchange for your special (made by me)threaded rear wisbone bars.
Joke,. i can wait for my bit no use rushing the best, bit.

bob - 26/4/08 at 06:10 PM

Must be a manufacturer with a registered car out there willing to join in, i was suprised none of them entered as it would be a very very cheap publicity stunt to show off there cars.

Wadders - 1/5/08 at 05:42 PM

Bump
Can't believe no ones up for this
especially as the entry is free
May 1st already, and we only have half a team
not looking good.

Al.

Jon Ison - 1/5/08 at 05:55 PM

yea bump bump..........

its got to be offer of the year, come on guys, just turn up drive n enjoy.

bob - 1/5/08 at 07:20 PM

Maybe we can have a chat with james (hicost) and the GOME organisers at stoneleigh, i am sure someone will turn up.

mk blade - 1/5/08 at 08:28 PM

dont know much about this GOME thing but could be interested.

Is the first i have heard of it.

Not too sure if me or the car are up to it tho'
What do you need to take part.

let me know what its all about and when it is etc.

Tony.

Hellfire - 1/5/08 at 08:56 PM

Wooohoo. Another BEC. Just need another driver for your Indy Tony and we'll be good to go.

It's on Friday the 16th May and basically the team needs to complete no more than 40 laps in each hour. The event is a six hour endurance. I'll dig out a link.

Phil

Here's a link to the original post

[Edited on 1-5-08 by Hellfire]

mk blade - 5/5/08 at 06:30 PM

sorry to say i would not be able to make it as it's on a friday and can not get the day off work.

sorry guys would have been fun to see if my car would have lasted the 6 hours.

tony.

JoelP - 5/5/08 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mk blade
sorry guys would have been fun to see if my car would have lasted the 6 hours.

tony.

lend it to me, i'll let you know how long it lasts!

phil.shelton - 5/5/08 at 08:42 PM

wot do you need to compete and would you consider a robin hood 2b

keith - 5/5/08 at 10:04 PM

is it ok to turn up and watch as only live in tamworth,or is it a closed event.would also offer help if needed. Rescued attachment Photo-0051.jpg
Rescued attachment Photo-0051.jpg

TimC - 6/5/08 at 06:42 PM

Attendance from Sportscar owners is encouraged. Paddock entry is free. Pit entry is restricted to competitors plus Team Manager and Spanner Man. (I've made that sound like some kind of crap Superhero haven't I?)

[Edited on 7/5/08 by TimC]

keith - 6/5/08 at 06:55 PM

ok see you there in our tiger zx9s. mr super helmet racing type hero man Rescued attachment zzzzchecking_up.gif
Rescued attachment zzzzchecking_up.gif

Hellfire - 9/5/08 at 11:14 AM

This place still hasn't been filled yet and it's looking doubtful with just one week to go

Can we run as a one car team?

Phil

Jon Ison - 9/5/08 at 03:28 PM

Worth a post on pistonheads ?

worX - 10/5/08 at 10:39 PM

Keith,

Received your U2U and passed details on to the appropriate people!!!

Steve

Hellfire - 11/5/08 at 08:11 AM

Keith you have a U2U.

Phil

NS Dev - 11/5/08 at 08:43 AM

Hi, what's the MSA license requirement, is it national race?

PS interested to say the least, can get time off on Fri BUT, don't have national license AND no idea if a Caterham HPC wet sump plus yoko A048R's will be a good combination on gerards!!

Why oh why didn't I dry sump it over the winter!!!

[Edited on 11/5/08 by NS Dev]

[Edited on 11/5/08 by NS Dev]

Hellfire - 11/5/08 at 08:54 AM

Dev,

MSA license isn't required.

Phil

NS Dev - 11/5/08 at 09:00 AM

ok, cool, glad to hear that!!

Gives me a chance to sort the dry sump!

keith - 11/5/08 at 09:14 AM

hey nick its the tiger twins, i have taken the place and larry is going to be co-driver why dont you come down only down the road for you

Jon Ison - 11/5/08 at 09:16 AM

See you Friday.............

Jon Ison - 11/5/08 at 09:23 AM

I have a 12v lighter socket in tunnel ? and a supply of wire if your thinking what I think yr thinking..........

[Edited on 11/5/08 by Jon Ison]

Jon Ison - 11/5/08 at 09:44 AM

Sounds fine, the 12v supply is on the trans tunnel, the soft bag could/would go under the passengers legs by the seat bolster, supply would be 12" away ?

I'm off out now for an hour, u2u me yr number n will call you later if you wish ?

keith - 11/5/08 at 09:58 AM

just to let you know have spoken to carol bury(event organiser)given her all the details also just spoke to wadders have tried to ring andy but no answer have checked my helmets the one is ok having bs6658-85,going outside to garage now to take off laser can replace with legal one and try to get fuel gauge to work properly looking forward to meeting you all cheers keith. Rescued attachment Car on drive .JPG
Rescued attachment Car on drive .JPG

NS Dev - 11/5/08 at 10:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by keith
hey nick its the tiger twins, i have taken the place and larry is going to be co-driver why dont you come down only down the road for you

Cool, will pop down on friday afternoon and take a look, in fact if the weather stays as forecast i will be in the locost anyway coming home from work!

Are the tiger twins coming on wed night to the pub meet, same venue as last year?

Wadders - 11/5/08 at 10:48 AM

Woo Hoo Team Green rides again
Thanks for stepping up Keith

Al.

Originally posted by keith
just to let you know have spoken to carol bury(event organiser)given her all the details also just spoke to wadders have tried to ring andy but no answer have checked my helmets the one is ok having bs6658-85,going outside to garage now to take off laser can replace with legal one and try to get fuel gauge to work properly looking forward to meeting you all cheers keith.

keith - 11/5/08 at 03:30 PM

yes mate will come down in larrys car as still doing stuff to mine for friday looking forward to it but nerves are kicking in