Board logo

Introduce yourself page
drummerboymike - 5/7/09 at 05:34 PM

I was just thinking that an introduce yourself forum page might be good so new people will feel more welcome and everyone will know eachother a bit better, but just an idea

speedyxjs - 5/7/09 at 05:37 PM

Welcome to the madhouse

Good idea btw

omega0684 - 5/7/09 at 05:46 PM

Hello Hello!

Who's this coming on here then?

make your self known and WELCOME to the forum!

where are you in Warwickshire? what are your building? if you are free tomorrow night why not come along to the South Brum Meet.

more details Here

it will give you a chance to meet some of the locals that have cars and ask lots of questions!

[Edited on 5/7/09 by omega0684]

Soundwave_666 - 5/7/09 at 05:56 PM

Well, my names Ben and I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. I'm exceptionally new to this scene and have just embarked on my first build of an R1 Mnr Vortex. Since I have No experience in this at all I'm finding progress slow, although each litte step I take I am finding enjoyable, and I am achieveing what I set out to do which is learn something about cars. Yes I know, thrown myself in at the deep end or what!

In the end though I will at least have learnt something and hopefully have a good looking, powerful car too.

I've soon found the joys of a hard day in the garage, followed by good old fish and chips and a pint of real ale.

Other interests include going to the gym, running, swimming etc. (no excuses - I work in a gym)

eccsmk - 5/7/09 at 06:02 PM

welcome to locostbuilders
its not a bad idea to have somewhere we can all introduce ourselves

dont forget to add to the locostbuilders locations jobby
click me

[Edited on 5/7/09 by eccsmk]

Guinness - 5/7/09 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Soundwave_666

Well, my names Ben and I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. I'm exceptionally new to this scene and have just embarked on my first build of an R1 Mnr Vortex. Since I have No experience in this at all I'm finding progress slow, although each litte step I take I am finding enjoyable, and I am achieveing what I set out to do which is learn something about cars. Yes I know, thrown myself in at the deep end or what!

In the end though I will at least have learnt something and hopefully have a good looking, powerful car too.

I've soon found the joys of a hard day in the garage, followed by good old fish and chips and a pint of real ale.

Other interests include going to the gym, running, swimming etc. (no excuses - I work in a gym)

Hi Ben!

Welcome to the madhouse.

Mike

drummerboymike - 5/7/09 at 06:31 PM

omega0684,

I am mike, i'm from warwick which is right next to coventry and im building nothing currently as i'm only 15 but very enthusiastic about the whole kit car scene and like every other teen struggle to get money but im slowly getting there.

mike

omega0684 - 5/7/09 at 06:57 PM

mike you have u2u message, click on the link at the top of the page that says U2U.

Miks15 - 5/7/09 at 07:59 PM

damn someone younger than me on the forum!

But if your not building then im still the youngest builder atleast

Welcome anyway mike!

tomblyth - 5/7/09 at 09:45 PM

Hi Ben!

their's loads of use round here! so you'll get loads of advise! some of it worth taking note of!

chrisg - 5/7/09 at 10:14 PM

Hi I'm Chris, I'm a leo, 6 feet tall and cuddly, I like kittens and walking in the rain......

cleowuss - 19/7/09 at 07:56 AM

Hi all

I'm Richard building a westfield with a red top on dta and direct to head t.b.s.

I'm also the East Yorkshire area organiser for the Westfield club
Hope this place is a good a mad house as the Wscc board room

Richard

jollygreengiant - 19/7/09 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Hi I'm Chris, I'm a leo, 6 feet tall and cuddly, I like kittens and walking in the rain......

Tsk, that not true, you hated it the last time we walked in the rain.