Board logo

Mallock U2
Lam-18 - 21/6/09 at 12:39 PM

Hi everyone i recently acquired what we believe to be an early mallock u2 if i was to post pictures is there anyone on here who could help me either find out what mk it is and weather it is an actual mallock
cheers guys
ollie

blakep82 - 21/6/09 at 12:45 PM

i reckon you should put some photos up anyway

these lot might be able to help you too
http://www.mallockclub.com/id2.html

zilspeed - 21/6/09 at 12:57 PM

Yeah, there are at least three people I can think of who look in here who might recognise that car for what it is.

I love clubmans type cars so post the pics

nib1980 - 21/6/09 at 05:04 PM

mallock racing is still going, just down the road from me in wellingborough, why not give them a ring?

Lam-18 - 21/6/09 at 06:56 PM

cheers for all the help guys ill post some pics up over the week its not in the best condition
and ill also give mallock a ring thanks for all the help

Lam-18 - 21/6/09 at 07:17 PM

heres two pictures guys hope this works

Memphis Twin - 21/6/09 at 08:40 PM

I used to own a Mallock Mk14, and do know a fair amount about them. Your car certainly looks like a genuine Mallock, but I couldn't be absolutely sure. There should be a chassis plate somewhere (can't remember where mine was- front crossmember?) with the mark. Yours looks like a Mk6, as it has externally mounted rear radius arms - earlier cars didn't, and the Mk7 had wishbone front suspension, wheras yours has a transverse beam (Ford "Pop" )

So...if it's a genuine Mallock, and it certainly looks like one from all that I can see in the photos, then it HAS to be a Mk6!

If you email the pics to Richard Mallock at Mallock Sports, I'm sure that he will help identify it more accurately.
Cheers Chris.

[Edited on 21/6/09 by Memphis Twin]

Lam-18 - 21/6/09 at 08:53 PM

wow you know your stuff
thanks alot mate
ill email him now
cheers

iank - 21/6/09 at 09:24 PM

Certainly looks a lot like this car being sold as a Mk6

http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/mallock/mm6022/mm6022pp.htm

Jasagracer - 20/12/09 at 07:13 PM

This is more like a Mk8 or 11. I raced Clubman's cars for some years and ran a one of car alled a Jasag (featured in Triple C, for those old enough to remember that magazine).

Although it is a shed, it is worth loads of money as it will be historic. John Bailey ran a twin-cam version of one of these cars in speed events and racing.

If you want the SP on diffs brakes etc, send me a PM. My previous toy, which I wish I had never sold, is attached.