Board logo

Caterham chassis
dave - 13/6/10 at 06:53 PM

Does anyone know where i can get the dimensions for a caterham chassis. Prefer online.

bitsilly - 13/6/10 at 07:59 PM

There's a load of stuff like specs on the owners site.
Otherwise you could ring Arch who made them (sorry, not on line).

Guinness - 13/6/10 at 09:53 PM

There have been a lot of different models of Caterham, the standard Arch chassis, then the SV (which is wider). I think the CSR is also a different size.

But this might help as a basic guide:-

Cat Dims
Cat Dims

Stott - 14/6/10 at 08:58 AM

16" steering wheel!!!!!!

5 turns port to starboard lol

86barettaguy - 20/7/10 at 09:19 PM

hey, that's even narrower than the champion book chassis! And here I was worried about fitting into the standard locost cockpit!

would be interesting to see the measurements for the current caterham lineup as well Maybe my buttocks don't need as much space as I thought :-D

Steve Hignett - 20/7/10 at 09:58 PM

Is it just one or two Dims you need to know? If so then I have a Caterham at nearly bare chassis stage at the moment that I can measure for you, but I'm afraid I don't really have the time to measure every tube etc!

86barettaguy - 21/7/10 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
Is it just one or two Dims you need to know? If so then I have a Caterham at nearly bare chassis stage at the moment that I can measure for you, but I'm afraid I don't really have the time to measure every tube etc!

me, I would be happy just to have the cockpit widths and maybe some other basic measurement to compare with the book frame. can't speak for anyyone else though

Bare - 24/2/11 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett

Yes I realise that this is an older posting.
However I'm after the distance between the upper and lower Arm, frame mounted pivots (centre to centre?) on the front suspension on a Cat chassis. Rear main mounts only will be fine.
I have conflicting numbers and need to know what it actually is... as measured.
I hope (?) this is still possible?

Thank you