Board logo

Westfield body on locost chassis
donn006 - 2/3/15 at 07:42 AM

Anyone on here know if the westfield body work would fit the standard Ron champion chassis

benchmark51 - 2/3/15 at 08:38 AM

I tried that but didn't work out. The bodywork was too wide for mine. Although it could be done I'm sure, I went the normal route ally bonnet,sides and tub and steel cockpit and scuttle, fibreglass nose and wings. It was never meant to be superlight and on the road with full tank, spare wheel, full screen, emergency tool kit and me weighs in at 638kg. Sold the westfield stuff on, still got a fibreglass scuttle and boot box to go.

SPYDER - 2/3/15 at 09:29 AM

Our first "project" was a Locost with Westfield SE scuttle, nosecone and bonnet. The chassis had extra top rails added from the rear edge of the scuttle going forward. these were angled outward slightly making the front of the chassis top about two inches wider to match the Westfield bits. You can see the extra rail arrangement on the pics. We sold the car "unfinished" to make way for our Phoenix.

Dick Axtell - 2/3/15 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SPYDER
Our first "project" was a Locost with Westfield SE scuttle, nosecone and bonnet. The chassis had extra top rails added from the rear edge of the scuttle going forward. these were angled outward slightly making the front of the chassis top about two inches wider to match the Westfield bits. You can see the extra rail arrangement on the pics. We sold the car "unfinished" to make way for our Phoenix.

[URL=http://s143.photobucket.com/user/westfield_photos/media/P1010178.jpg.html]

Do you still have this engine? Or any parts left over? Am looking for various items to suit a Zetec.

SPYDER - 2/3/15 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell

Do you still have this engine? Or any parts left over? Am looking for various items to suit a Zetec.

Sorry Dick, we sold it all on many moons ago.

907 - 2/3/15 at 11:18 AM

One of the advantages of making a Locost chassis is that it can be tailored to your needs. The drawing is only a guide.
Wider engine bay, longer footwells, or in this case made to fit a certain set of body panels, it's all doable.

The way NOT to do it is to build a chassis, obtain/make other bits, then wonder why it doesn't fit.

Paul G

cb500t - 2/3/15 at 12:21 PM

I fitted the ZK bodywork to my chassis,but it did need modification to the tear bars to get it to fit,width wise it fitted like a glove,and I used MK scuttle nose and bonnet.

donn006 - 2/3/15 at 07:18 PM

My car is already paneled up but someone on here was selling the westfield body work which I think looks better so was toying with the idea of fitting the kit to mine if it wasn't too much hassle