Board logo

Chassis Receipt for Registration
K19 - 3/6/19 at 12:31 PM

I'm looking at getting documents together for registration, and a back and forth with the DVLA I will need a receipt for the original chassis to get an age related plate, unfortunately with many locost projects this one has been passed around several times.

I've got back as far as a "guy" from Stoke on Trent did the initial Haynes Roadster Chassis build + widening, and dropped the mx5 engine in. Obviously this isn't very helpful for securing a "receipt" for the chassis that the DVLA will be happy with.

So a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know someone who might have built the chassis in Stoke on Trent maybe 7 years ago?
2. Should I just accept a Q plate as it doesn't really make any difference
3. Any other options?

myke pocock - 3/6/19 at 01:35 PM

Q plate. Sorts the hassle. Cannot see why people are so arsy about a Q

James - 3/6/19 at 02:07 PM

I've heard receipts can be written on Word....

gremlin1234 - 3/6/19 at 03:15 PM

given that it wasn't a 'new' chassis, just get the Q plate.

nick205 - 3/6/19 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
given that it wasn't a 'new' chassis, just get the Q plate.

Ditto - just get the Q plate!

ianhurley20 - 3/6/19 at 08:49 PM

I tried to get a Q plate but ended up with an age related one - wish I'd made a few errors and got a Q ... :-(

K19 - 4/6/19 at 08:06 AM

Thanks guys, I'll just take the Q plate - It shouldn't make any difference on Emissions testing etc right? As I've got proof of age for the engine & without CAT.

sdh2903 - 4/6/19 at 03:06 PM

Theres no real benefit to a q anymore. Emissions are on engine age post iva anyway. So you may as well go for age related as theres still a stigma (unwarranted) with q plates if coming to sell.