Board logo

Chassis completed
speedyxjs - 13/5/08 at 07:38 PM

Completed my chassis ready to paint tomorrow.
Hopfully the Jag lump will be more powerful than what i currently have in the engine bay

Chassis Rear
Chassis Rear

Chassis front
Chassis front

1 DP Motor (Dog Power)
1 DP Motor (Dog Power)

And finally the IRS made up from cut and shut A frame from donor car

IRS
IRS

Mole - 13/5/08 at 07:44 PM

Very nice I assume with the width of the tunnel its a wider chassis or do you just have tiny feet

ReMan - 13/5/08 at 07:45 PM

Nice, But aren't you gonna weld the suspension brackets on before you paint it?

speedyxjs - 13/5/08 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mole
Very nice I assume with the width of the tunnel its a wider chassis or do you just have tiny feet

Its the same width as the haynes roadster chassis but the tunnel is wider. I drove a formula silverstone last weekend which has the same amount of room in the footwell and i coped alright

quote:

Nice, But aren't you gonna weld the suspension brackets on before you paint it?

I havent been able to make them jet (see other post) so i thought it would be easier to paint the middle and back on my day off in the sunshine and just paint the front when i have got the brackets.

clockwork - 13/5/08 at 08:36 PM

Nearly at that stage myself, but bearing in mind your choice of engine, do you think you may need a bit more bracing than TR1 can provide? Now I have no knowledge of beam theory (bought a good book, but almost died when I tried to read it)... but if you have a look at this thread
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3478
scroll down to seven sw... what do you think to their replacement. Might be something to think about.

BenB - 13/5/08 at 09:27 PM

We need a new forum!!

DEC

Dog enginned car...

Whats the conversion factor from dog power to horse power....
And we better not talk about reving the nuts of the engine

bpgoa - 14/5/08 at 10:01 PM

don't want to pee on your bonfire... but there's a bit to go before it's finished... add all the brackets before you paint ...

nose cone mounts , centre prop bearing, tsteering column mounts and on and on and on...

I've read the horror stories re grinding off the powder coat...

looks good though...

A..

omega 24 v6 - 14/5/08 at 10:18 PM

Hey clockwork your sig with the car builders info took me to a site where one of these virus scan type things starts up. AVG picked it up as a trojan downloader. ?????? it was on the interiors part of the site.

iank - 14/5/08 at 11:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Hey clockwork your sig with the car builders info took me to a site where one of these virus scan type things starts up. AVG picked it up as a trojan downloader. ?????? it was on the interiors part of the site.

Fixed the problem, I hope.
%^&%*%^& wiki vandals.

omega 24 v6 - 15/5/08 at 09:05 PM

Seems OK now. Must remember not to click on victorias secret ever again