Board logo

MK indy GRP colours
chris.russell - 12/4/04 at 12:00 PM

Does anyone have the details of what colours I can get the GRP panels in from MK?

ta.

Crazy Jay - 12/4/04 at 12:14 PM

Black (CP14682A),
Red (3020),
Night Blue (5022),
BR Green (3712),
Yellow (3754),
Orange (WS06972A)
Plain White

Codes to other paint colours can be supplied for an extra £58.75

Im going for black, but am seriously tempted by the orange

[Edited on 12/4/04 by Crazy Jay]

RichyMkIndy - 12/4/04 at 12:15 PM

the orange is awsome

Hellfire - 12/4/04 at 03:49 PM

IYHO

Personally we prefer yellow...

Jasper - 12/4/04 at 03:59 PM

Dark blue, that's the best

timcrasher - 12/4/04 at 04:16 PM

I was the first one to order one in orange.
Now every f#ckers got one!

phil2 - 12/4/04 at 04:59 PM

mk dont sell that much orange

scotlad - 12/4/04 at 05:27 PM

no no no Red's the colour to have!!!

shortie - 12/4/04 at 06:09 PM

sorry, black's the way to go! :-)

jacko - 12/4/04 at 07:35 PM

HI ALL
No no no mix colours blue and yellow like
mine Jacko
ps mot in the morning O SHIT

alister667 - 12/4/04 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Jay
Black (CP14682A),
Red (3020),
Night Blue (5022),
BR Green (3712),
Yellow (3754),
Orange (WS06972A)
Plain White

Codes to other paint colours can be supplied for an extra £58.75

Im going for black, but am seriously tempted by the orange

[Edited on 12/4/04 by Crazy Jay]

Go on Jay, go for orange - 1 black Mk Indy in Northern Ireland is enough

scotlad - 12/4/04 at 09:41 PM

Good luck Jacko!!!!!!

chris.russell - 12/4/04 at 10:47 PM

cheers boys and good luck jacko for the morning.

Just for interest how easy would it be to re-spray the panels in a different colour after they are purchased, ie start with a white base and then change to a, say, TVR peurlesent pruple (sweet colour) if i had the right contacts...

Hellfire - 13/4/04 at 12:00 AM

Jacko - good luck for - ermmm today! (better go to bed!)

Why not mix all the colours like those bl**dy silly harlequin polo's that never sold either?

JoelP - 13/4/04 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Why not mix all the colours like those bl**dy silly harlequin polo's that never sold either?

shite, i saw one of those driving about, thought it was some individuals sick joke... never though Vdub would sink so low...

chris.russell - 13/4/04 at 08:12 AM

I used to see one of those polos everyday in doncaster, stupid car on its own but in a rainbow colour is taking the mickey

woodster - 13/4/04 at 09:21 AM

have a look in my photo archive ........ orange or blue

Crazy Jay - 13/4/04 at 11:12 AM

Hey Woodster, where did u get the aeroscreen on the orange car? Its just wat im after

kingr - 13/4/04 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris.russell
I used to see one of those polos everyday in doncaster, stupid car on its own but in a rainbow colour is taking the mickey

Easy now, I drive a regular polo (16v), it's a great car, comfortable, reliable, pokey enough to keep up with traffic comfortably and for the occasional bit of overtaking. It's not going to win any prizes for being a great motorway slogger, but that's not what I do.

Wouldn't buy a harlequin though, unless I had plans to respray it in a hurry.

Kingr

chris.russell - 13/4/04 at 03:51 PM

no offence meant young man, just like driving in a car that has a boot larger than my trouser pocket

woodster - 13/4/04 at 05:33 PM

sorry jay don't know where the screens from ... does anyone else know ... i bought the car with it on ... it does look good and it worked well at elvington ..... i prefer the car in red after seeing the pics of scotlads .... what a nice car that is top job

cheers woodster

phil2 - 13/4/04 at 08:36 PM

i am led to belive that its from westfield and cost around 200 quid

greggors84 - 13/4/04 at 11:06 PM

Timcrasher

When did you order yours? We ordered ours last june. We decided orange as it not many people had it, like u said a fair few people have gone for it now. But saying this i have never seen an orange one one the road, just at shows.

And it does look brilliant with the carbon fibre!!

timcrasher - 14/4/04 at 06:58 AM

Hi, Chris
I ordered mine just after the Newark show, about 18 months ago. I went for black side and rear panels in the end to break up the orange a bit, and it looks ace.
When I drove it out into the sunlight for the first time to take the pictures I just sat looking at it for about half an hour.
Every one seemed to be doing yellow ones when I started building mine, so I chose orange just to be different.
Cheers
Tim

SeaBass - 14/4/04 at 06:02 PM

I bet no-ones ever ordered Orange before that then guys!! Chris Gibbons was about the first with MK Orange GRP...

Cheers

Hellfire - 14/4/04 at 07:47 PM

WHAT, someone else doing YELLOW? never....

mad-butcher - 14/4/04 at 07:55 PM

i've never seen the pic of the prop before what the F##k supported that chunk of metal as i've said before you was lucky. not being funny but what colour was the aintree one cos the blue one looks pretty F####d up
tony

timcrasher - 15/4/04 at 06:26 AM

Thanks, Snoopy !
That's just what I wanted to hear!!
Or is it just that I am a trend setter and not a follower of fashion

woodster - 15/4/04 at 11:50 AM

tony ........... the blue car hit a tree in le mans and the orange car had the problems at aintree ...... the orange car is a good lookin car .. carbon fibre , orange and black and since MK re-built it ... it GOES as good as it looks!!!!!!!!! not driven it since elvington

woodster

mr loo - 18/4/04 at 02:54 PM

Picked my kit up nov 2001,orange rule's

muzz - 2/5/04 at 07:30 PM

does anybody know how im going to match the colour on my yellow mk indy, ive now had the bonnet painted 4 times with no success. the ral number on here doesnt equate to anything in my bodyshops list and theyve got a full mixing scheme. ive rung mk, the guy who makes the panels and the supplier of the resin colour for the fibreglass and noone can help. if someone can tell me what colour to paint the chauffing thing ill buy them a pint. the cars getting slowere and slower the more times the bonnets painted

phelpsa - 2/5/04 at 07:50 PM

Paint it all black. All blacks are the same aren't they.

Black is the new Black.