Board logo

over priced
brookie - 9/10/10 at 05:07 PM

is this over priced, what would some think like this cost u from mk
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2010-MK-INDY-HYABUSA-ROAD-TRACK-RACE-CAR-/120631447566?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c1631d00e

bob tatt - 9/10/10 at 05:13 PM

well if he can get 20k for that i can get 15 for mine with a better spec. I wonder what he has based his price on....

steve m - 9/10/10 at 05:14 PM

"OR SOMETHING TO DRIVE AND GET MORE LOOKS THAN

A COMMON FERRARI OR LAMBO THIS CAR GIVES SO VERY MUCH "

perhaps its just round my area, we dont get many (any !) ferrari or lambos

Plus why would ferrari or lambos technicians work to gether to build a MK ???

steve m - 9/10/10 at 05:15 PM

"well if he can get 20k for that i can get 15 for mine with a better spec. I wonder what he has based his price on..."

Bullshit.

bob tatt - 9/10/10 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
"well if he can get 20k for that i can get 15 for mine with a better spec. I wonder what he has based his price on..."

Bullshit.

a very large pile of it as well...

andyd - 9/10/10 at 05:30 PM

So why would anyone pay £40k for an R500?

If this is built with all new parts and is of a high enough quality to compare with a Caterham then why do you not think it's worth half the amount?

I'm not saying I'd pay that much, if I could afford it I'd buy an Elise.

Just being Devil's advocate.

interestedparty - 9/10/10 at 05:36 PM

I see he is a trader, so no wonder.

Still, it's only a buy it now price, maybe it's there to stop people continually emailing to say "how much will you take for the car m8" as they do when you try to sell anything interesting on ebay.

peter bland - 9/10/10 at 05:38 PM

was on pistonheads for £20k not so long ago with no takers ,hes got no chance on flea bay!!!

PAUL FISHER - 9/10/10 at 06:33 PM

"BUILT TO VERY HIGH SPEC BY FERRARI TECHNICIANS" is that a good thing, as they have not even fitted the rear lights on straight.

steve m - 9/10/10 at 08:28 PM

hahaha,
bloke who put the add in, is a real T****r

franky - 9/10/10 at 08:42 PM

its only overpriced by about 13k

Simon - 9/10/10 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
"BUILT TO VERY HIGH SPEC BY FERRARI TECHNICIANS" is that a good thing, as they have not even fitted the rear lights on straight.

As you say - a very high spec, anyone could do that with a decent wedge. Now to build to a high standard, you need talent. And it was built by ferrari techs.

I rest my case

ATB

Simon

interestedparty - 9/10/10 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
And it was built by ferrari techs.

I wonder if they had people from McLaren looking over their shoulders, or perhaps nosing through their build diary? The FIA had better get ready to investigate.

scootz - 9/10/10 at 09:50 PM

The 'best' parts... ?

Then why am I not reading about its AP brakes, Barnby rims, Motec ECU, Ohlins suspension, Schroth harnesses, Quaife rack, Odyssey battery, Tillet seats, blah blah blah...

Undoubtedly a lovely car, but its true value is somewhere south of half its asking price IMO!

richardh - 10/10/10 at 08:37 AM

totally agree.
what a total c**k!

martyn_16v - 10/10/10 at 01:25 PM

And of course the whole ad is in a MASSIVE FONT, the sign of a true professional there...

interestedparty - 10/10/10 at 01:51 PM

And of course it has a "limmited slip diff"!

On a slightly different note, how does a car using second hand parts (Sierra steering column, and I expect, the diff), qualify for a new reg when the engine isn't new either. I know amateur builders are allowed one 'rebuilt to new condition' component, but that would seem to be three, and I don't expect that there was very much reconditioning done to any of those 3.

[Edited on 10/10/10 by interestedparty]