Board logo

Would a MK Indy turnkey car pass the SVA?
Alez - 12/9/03 at 05:19 PM

Hi guys,

I've not found any info on the subject at the MK website. I am considering a MK Indy Blade, but it has to be road legal, and I was wondering if these are being built so they would pass the SVA straight from the factory or not.

Thanks.

Alex

chrisg - 12/9/03 at 06:19 PM

Yes they do

Cheers

Chris

RoadkillUK - 12/9/03 at 06:39 PM

Not entirely true

Hornet's car failed but I believe MK sorted the problems out and had it retested.

Quote from Hornet's site

Wednesday 26/3/03 FAILURE!
SVA failed - Emissions (the car needs full emmission tests as it is being tested as a produced by a small manufacturer - even though it's a '92/'93 engine) - Handbrake warning light - must have a picture of a handbrake on it (well, clearly marked anyway) - Doh!
Am getting bored now, ho hum.

donut - 12/9/03 at 07:10 PM

As far as i'm aware they will not give you the car unless it's passed so you will get an SVA'd car if that's what you purchase.

Andy

Jon Ison - 12/9/03 at 08:11 PM

a "turnkey" car is wot it says, turn the key and drive off, roads legal, SVA,d n register'd, enter MDC..........

Alez - 15/9/03 at 01:54 PM

Guys,

Thanks a lot for the info. It's all clear now, as usually in the forum.

Cheers,

Alex

mdc124 - 20/10/03 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
a "turnkey" car is wot it says, turn the key and drive off, roads legal, SVA,d n register'd, enter MDC..........

Sorry I'm Late!!!

Key Turns - Wheels Turn - even the engine turns!!

Failed First time on very minor points (as mentioned - small manufacturers have to comply to tighter regs than self builds)

And its Fantastic!

I need space to build a GT )