Board logo

Tiger Avon Book
Schrodinger - 22/6/13 at 01:30 PM

I have an old Avon book (second edition IIRC) which does seem to have a few errors in the measurements on the chassis. Does anybody have a copy of the latest book and if so is there a cut list in it? Just want to know before I go and buy another copy.

Slimy38 - 22/6/13 at 01:58 PM

I have a copy of the book that was updated when the GTA bodywork was added, I'm not sure if that's later than the copy you have? Let me know if I can give you any information out of it.

[Edited on 22/6/13 by Slimy38]

Schrodinger - 22/6/13 at 02:23 PM

The copy I have is before the GTA and yes yours is the copy I am after.
Do you want to sell your copy?

Slimy38 - 22/6/13 at 02:46 PM

I need to keep hold of it for now as there are a few useful things in it. If there is something specific you're after I can post it up for you?

Schrodinger - 22/6/13 at 03:09 PM

That's fair. I was looking for a cut list for the chassis with angles this is deffinitely not in my copy but was hoping it might be in yours?

Slimy38 - 22/6/13 at 04:15 PM

Doesn't look like it as far as I can tell. Section 6 (chassis and wishbones) contains chassis plans with the various dimensions on them, but there doesn't appear to be anything comparable to the Haynes Roadster cutting diagrams.

Here's the first one as an example;

Avon example pic
Avon example pic

I'm guessing that's pretty much what you already have?

Schrodinger - 22/6/13 at 04:49 PM

It is much the same but as I understand it there are quite a few errors in my copy if there is any chance that you could scan those pages I would be most obliged.

Slimy38 - 22/6/13 at 05:28 PM

U2u sent...

obr_technology - 4/12/14 at 08:56 PM

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I was wondering if either of you would mind sending me over a copy if those drawings with dimensions?

I work at a college and wanted to give the students a task of modelling the Tiger Avon chassis that I have on CAD. Problem is that my chassis is at home and it would be a lot of hassle to take it in to work, so would be great if I could get hold of a copy please.

Thanks in advance

Olly

Slimy38 - 4/12/14 at 09:51 PM

U2U'ed...

DJT - 6/1/15 at 11:04 AM

Most of the book can be found here: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=6CHp-7bxOmwC&pg=PA62&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

At least all the chassis pages.