Board logo

Blade 893 performance
Gav - 21/9/09 at 08:58 PM

Now i have my plates and been able to get a few miles on the car i was wondering if the perfrormance im seeing is consistant with what other people think.
I have fitted a dynojet kit to Andy Bates spec too.
Basically it pulls fine enough up to about 6500/7000 then really pulls after that, almost like the power valves opening on a on a 250 2 stroke

I was just expecting a slightly more linear power curve?
Only problem i have with it, is that i really want to use those revs

Jon Ison - 21/9/09 at 09:05 PM

That's a 893 described pretty well.

On or Off.......... good in it ?

Enjoy, pretty bomb proof engine that likes a bit of abuse.

nstrug - 21/9/09 at 09:05 PM

Sounds normal. Standard cam on a bike engine is more like a fast road cam for a car engine - so there is a pronounced high-rev power band as the engine comes on cam. The Yamaha EXUP valve tried to address this (with limited success)

Nick

Gav - 21/9/09 at 09:06 PM

Actually i just remembered, when i got the engine the guy sent all the paper work including a dyno run he had done and looking at that it confirms what im feeling only 500 rpm or so further down the rev range.

Gav - 21/9/09 at 09:11 PM

Ah cheers chaps

ReMan - 21/9/09 at 09:11 PM

Sounds like mine.
I've always thought the blade punches better than it's weight at lower revs, considering that is the lowest torques engine of the bunch. You will find a flat spot somehere between 4 and 7000, but otherwise, wring it's neck

McLannahan - 21/9/09 at 09:44 PM

I should drive mine harder - I've always changed gear by about 6k!

dean100yz - 21/9/09 at 09:52 PM

Mines the 918 but basically the same

been a while since I drove mine but exactly the same...all happens after 7k all the way to 11 or something silly!

Guinness - 21/9/09 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
I should drive mine harder - I've always changed gear by about 6k!

You need a pair of these:-

Mike

mackei23b - 22/9/09 at 10:51 AM

Yes, mine is the same

Cheers

Ian

motorcycle_mayhem - 25/9/09 at 08:19 AM

I originally built the car with an 893cc, basically to get a better MoT emmission target (and they were cheap/simple).

Can't understand what you're doing under 8K revs, but there you go, it's not the place to be.

The longer stroke GSXR1000 (K2) was my next major engine change (after a Blade 954). Offers more mid-range torque and a far smoother 'curve'. A gorgeous engine, and one I still use in preference. You might like to try that, but again, I don't see the thing running under 8-9K.

I went the other way too, the GSXR750 was everything you probably don't want, but it's insane!!! Times on most circuits not so much less than the 1000... but 12-14K is where it's gotta be...