Board logo

4xv R1 max power on standard internals???
Big Hyndy - 13/5/13 at 06:43 PM

Im looking to put my nitrous in my rwd r1 mini, Im sure I read on a forum somewhere that they can take around 250bhp on standard internals. Can anybody shed any light on this?

Cheers

Callum.

metro6r4 - 13/5/13 at 07:54 PM

that sounds rather high to me i dont think it would last long you could try asking on the wizards of nos forum. if it would was me i would run the nos set up through a progressive controller to limit the strain on the engine

Big Hyndy - 13/5/13 at 08:04 PM

I will ask them just now bud thanks. I know turbo'd 4xv's run 200bhp safely with just a bolt on kit. Its advised on the 270bhp kit to do the internals too. Im trying my hardest to find the thread I was reading about this before but I cant see it anywhere. Sure the guy had done over 16000 miles on the engine and 9000 of them turbo'd running around 250bhp with a stock engine.

gaz_gaz - 13/5/13 at 08:10 PM

Chap on here loco_r1 had about 250 bhp with his turbo 4xv.
Only mods I'm aware of where a thicker head gasket and slotted cam gears.
Covered alot of road and track miles from memory.

Look him up perhaps

Big Hyndy - 13/5/13 at 08:26 PM

Top man Gaz, I will have a butchers! Thanks mate

locoR1 - 13/5/13 at 09:17 PM

Just replied to your u2u Big Hyndy

gaz_gaz is spot on with his description of my old car, amazing what these little engines can stand up to if well looked after
gearbox is probably the weakest point but if treated with respect they can last.

Cheers Dave.

Big Hyndy - 13/5/13 at 09:43 PM

u2u replied Dave I will see how I get on then with my 100bhp jet thats already on the kit. Whats the worst that could happen lol! I also have Bazzaz QS4 so hopefully that will protect my gearbox a little during gear changes. Cantwait to get it all done and go play!