Board logo

Anyone running nitrous?
Big Hyndy - 2/7/13 at 06:23 PM

As titled, im looking for as much info as possible on fitting my NOS kit to a 4XV lump. Just wondered if anyone on here has any personal experience with it and what engine mods/upgrades are advisable.

Cheers

coozer - 2/7/13 at 07:07 PM

I looked into it and after much thought decided a turbo was much more cost affective way to more power.

Got all the info off the Wizards of NOS. http://www.noswizard.com/

However its horses for courses and I would say if you fancy it, go do it!

Good luck,
Steve

[Edited on 2/7/13 by coozer]

loggyboy - 2/7/13 at 07:50 PM

Definitely speak to WON, they are expensive but know there stuff. I'm half way through fitting a kit to my Clio, will keep you updated!

[Edited on 2-7-13 by loggyboy]

Big Hyndy - 2/7/13 at 08:11 PM

I already have the whole shooting match ready to plumb into the car. Nitrous Express setup with 100bhp jet. I was more aiming the question towards how a bike engine copes with the sudden increase in power. What mods are needed to take the strain of it. I know a R1 4XV you can strap a turbo to it with just a thicker head gasket and run 250bhp all day but I dont have that sort of cash available to spend on the Mini. Could it just be a case of plumb my NX kit in and off I go like a car? My clutch is slipping just now so im going to put a clutch in that can take plenty power and whatever else anyone can recommended to run the laughing gas!

loggyboy - 2/7/13 at 08:47 PM

Anything more than 50hp will be best with a progressive controller. Not sure if Nex solenoids work great with them, but worth looking into.

johnny chimpo - 2/7/13 at 09:26 PM

I think Maximill666 ran nitrous (and a turbo) on an MNR with that engine..... might be wrong, but might be worth trying to get in touch with him....

Big Hyndy - 3/7/13 at 07:44 PM

Yes ive been looking into nitrous controllers for the 100bhp jet.

Johnny I will drop him a PM just now. Thanks mate.

olimarler - 3/7/13 at 08:20 PM

Hi,
Used to be sponsored by a nitrous company many moons ok.
Knowledge is rusty now but get a progressive controller is def must.

Start with small jets and build up slowly checking the plugs as you build up

Other advice is a throttle switch and a push button on the steering wheel.
Anything other questions drop me a DM

Oli