Board logo

Carb breathers
greavesy7 - 8/3/15 at 09:53 PM

Is it important to have pipes onto the carb breathers then fed to the front of the car or can you just connect them up to a small filter ?

[Edited on 8/3/15 by greavesy7]

CosKev3 - 8/3/15 at 09:59 PM

Pretty sure most just leave them vent to atmosphere from what I've seen.

Could pipe them into air filter base I suppose if you don't want them open

greavesy7 - 8/3/15 at 10:01 PM

Does it actually do anything ?

cosmick - 9/3/15 at 08:05 AM

Carb breathers go to the float chamber which MUST be at atmospheric pressure. Do not face them forwards into the air stream. Do not join them together as I have seen. Put them in a place where they will breath still air.

jacko - 9/3/15 at 04:35 PM

Engine
Engine

Not a bike engine but zx9r carbs you can see the filter on the carbs the pipe is standard too zx9r carbs
Jacko

FASTdan - 9/3/15 at 07:20 PM

Joining them together is fine - most come like that as standard!

cosmick - 9/3/15 at 07:46 PM

I think there is a misunderstanding with regard to my post. Do not join together means that both sets of float chambers need to breath to atmosphere. Provided that is via a T piece, they can be joined together as long as they can still breath. I have seen people join the two pipes together so that neither float can breath. Hope this helps.

[Edited on 9/3/15 by cosmick]

kj - 9/3/15 at 08:21 PM

Mine open into the atmosphere no filter

FASTdan - 9/3/15 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cosmick
I think there is a misunderstanding with regard to my post. Do not join together means that both sets of float chambers need to breath to atmosphere. Provided that is via a T piece, they can be joined together as long as they can still breath. I have seen people join the two pipes together so that neither float can breath. Hope this helps.

[Edited on 9/3/15 by cosmick]

ah ok, yes agreed