Board logo

GSXR1000 Power Commander Help
jamesd - 25/9/15 at 07:52 PM

Hi Guys,

Iv'e tried searching but i'm not getting the exact question I'm asking.

I have a GSXR1000 K4 engine, with a "second hand" Power Commander 3usb.

The engine runs ok without the PC, but when I attach the PC and have tried nearly every map that comes with, the engine runs for two seconds and then dies. Yes I know I need to get setup on a rolling road.

1. I thought at first 0 map. Nope.
2. The standard 2003 map, nothing.
3. Then every other map and same result.

So, not wanting to book a rolling road etc, and find that the FC is duff (then having to reorganise other session etc), I bought a brand new PC.

Same result

Has anyone got any advice? or best of all a map that I can try? (I will defy get it mapped). Just want to make sure there isn't a problem somewhere else.

Thanks all,

James

adithorp - 25/9/15 at 09:38 PM

Does the PC have a good earth connection? Think I've heard of similar symptoms before from that.

jamesd - 25/9/15 at 09:47 PM

Good point, but attached directly to the negative of the battery which is also tied to chassis.

cloudy - 25/9/15 at 10:19 PM

can you hear/feel the fuel pump continuing to run after it starts?

Also check if you are using the start up fuel feature as that can change the fueling after a set period of time after starting..

James

[Edited on 25/9/15 by cloudy]

jamesd - 27/10/15 at 04:57 PM

Hi Guys,

Still having this problem and it is driving me nuts now.

1. Have tried various positions for the earth, and it is now on the negative of the battery.
2. Have tried the startup fuel feature, and makes no difference.

Subsequently, last night, when turning on. The PC3 power up, and turns OFF after the fuel pump primes. So maybe I have left the startup feature disabled.

I have also tried starting with the 9v battery attached which makes no difference

cosmick - 7/11/15 at 08:30 AM

This doesn't sound like a fault related to the PC. It sounds like the fuel pump is priming and not continuing to keep going with the engine running. If you need help, I am also local to you.