Board logo

Audi quattro
jacko - 17/2/09 at 07:32 PM

Hi all i have chance of a Audi quattro and wondered if it would be any good as a donor i have not see the car yet so dont know what it is like its a 2l 5 cylinder engine

Has anyone else used this set up ?
Jacko

nick205 - 17/2/09 at 07:38 PM

IIRC it's pretty hefty motor, obviously long too

martyn_16v - 17/2/09 at 07:39 PM

Engine and half of the gearbox is in front of the front axle, and as said it's quite long. Needs a mahoosive front overhang

martthefridgeman - 17/2/09 at 08:10 PM

ive got to say a 5 pot audi engine in a seven is my idea of heaven, they sound fantastic, dont know about install issues though. Mart.

shades - 17/2/09 at 08:29 PM

Sounds good, I thought about a 5 cylinder being a fan and having a few in the past. I have a 4age in my tiger and there is heaps space left up front I think a 5 will fit ok. Not sure if the quattro running gear would be much use though. The front drive shafts will be too far back. Id try and mate a type 9 gearbox and stick to rwd.

jacko - 17/2/09 at 08:52 PM

OK thank you for the info
If the car is in good Nick i may just do it up and use it on the road
What do you think it is worth i think it is a 86 year

Stott - 17/2/09 at 10:32 PM

It's probably "worth" a grand, but the ashes to ashes crew massive like will have it selling at much more than that providing it's rough enough and has T&T

Also, if your thinking about donoring it you might want to book yourself into a mental asylum at the same time

For cheap and easy 5cyl noise get an ovlov T5, newer, more reliable, more power and free of the guilt that comes with ruining a UR, best of all, same noise!