Board logo

Sams Donors
Sam - 9/7/09 at 09:13 AM

Aquired two donor cars to start build. Opinions welcome as to there suitability. The Spartan used a Cortina as the donor car with a 2.3l V6. I paid £300 for the Spartan, prob over the top, especially as the knock ons werent part of the deal and need returning. The Sierra is a 2.3l Diesel Estate. £160. I'm thinking of using V6 from Spartan and the remainder from the Sierra. Have I done good ?????

Sierra
Sierra

Spartan
Spartan

Mr Whippy - 9/7/09 at 09:23 AM

are you repairing the spartan?

Sam - 9/7/09 at 09:50 AM

No, just robbing the bits I need for it !

alistairolsen - 9/7/09 at 09:54 AM

you got a sierra with the desireable diesel diff for 160, good buy.

You paid 300 quid for some shonky ex kit car to scrap it for the engine and a pair of front uprights?

unless of course youre building a live axle locost in which case you can use the rear axle, but im not quite sure what you want with the sierra?

Sam - 9/7/09 at 10:05 AM

Bought the shonky ex kit car first thinking it had everything I needed. Then realising it had a live axle I went and bought the Sierra. I dont really need the Spartan now apart from the engine, which I guess isnt the best choice but it is all there.

blakep82 - 9/7/09 at 11:19 AM

well, the sierra diff will be good to sell to someone doing a BEC. they like them. might even be able to sell it and buy a petrol one for less

aerosam - 9/7/09 at 02:00 PM

the ford 2.3L V6 is a hopeles engine - I woldn't bother with it personally.

aerosam - 9/7/09 at 02:00 PM

the ford 2.3L V6 is a hopeless engine - I woldn't bother with it personally.

EDIT - Ooops double post - sorry!

[Edited on 9/7/09 by aerosam]

Sam - 9/7/09 at 02:14 PM

Whats wrong with it ?? Is it not the same block as the 2.8, which I seem to remember was a lot of fun in the capri many years ago ??

major - 10/7/09 at 05:08 AM

The diesel has a 1:3.38 diff or something along those lines!