Board logo

ford rs200 resurected
grazzledazzle - 21/4/09 at 08:29 AM

RE automotive seem to have resurfaced
Www.evo200.com

Always fancied one...
£15 for a brochure!

bilbo - 21/4/09 at 08:51 AM

Yes, I like RS200s, but what an awful web site. Give you no information on the product they sell, unless you part with 15 quid
I'll keep my money.

iank - 21/4/09 at 09:13 AM

So that's where the moulds ended up. Passed on from bankruptcy to bankruptcy starting with Reliant who originally made the shells.

Mr Whippy - 21/4/09 at 09:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bilbo
Yes, I like RS200s, but what an awful web site. Give you no information on the product they sell, unless you part with 15 quid
I'll keep my money.

good grief that’s beyond amateurish, no gallery, no specs, not much of an effort to sell the car is it? they need a web designer desperately

Dom9 - 21/4/09 at 09:22 AM

I like the RS200... It would be nice to see this project take off, but yes, that website looks very new and clearly needs a lot more content! £15 for a brochure is mental though!

balidey - 21/4/09 at 09:24 AM

Is this what was the old KaRa ? Looked at this many many years ago. With the right running gear it can be a good car.

Infact they could (or should?) do a few more body moulds, so you buy one chassis and then skin it in either....

RS200
Peugeot 205 T16
Lancia Delta S4
Metro 6R4

Same running gear, just change the appearance

Mr Whippy - 21/4/09 at 09:31 AM

some one may have e-mailed their sales department and directed them to this thread...

mackei23b - 21/4/09 at 09:52 AM

Yes, always wanted one to.

But £15 for a brochure, I think not!

cheapracer - 21/4/09 at 12:43 PM

The pictures don't do justice to a RS200, for those who haven't seen on they are so small and stunning looking in the flesh.

I want one!! Hell I may just build one after I build my Dad and me a Alpine A110.

Thinking about it I must be nuts, I'm 6'1" and I have sat in an A110 and man was it tight, they also are just tiny.

GRRR - 21/4/09 at 02:50 PM

Problem with RS200 replicas is that there's no 4wd system from a donor car that is even close to the original layout! best looking variant would be a mid mounted turbo'd engine of some sort driving the rear wheels only.

Was the old 1800 longitudinal or transverse mounted?

grazzledazzle - 21/4/09 at 03:37 PM

The one above has a mid mounted cosworth turbo and rear wheel drive. I reckon it is the nearest you will get.

cheapracer - 21/4/09 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by grazzledazzle
The one above has a mid mounted cosworth turbo and rear wheel drive. I reckon it is the nearest you will get.

I think thats a reasonable choice/setup and fast enough for most if it's well priced (IF).

grazzledazzle - 21/4/09 at 05:37 PM

Yeah, that is the problem or should i say was the problem with the rs automotive. All done you were going to be over £20k.
You can buy a hell of a lot for £20k in todays world.

Will be interesting to see. Hopefully they might be at Stoneliegh.

Dom9 - 22/4/09 at 07:48 AM

Mid mounted, rear wheel drive, LS3 V8 at over 500bhp on a Porsche transaxle... Now, that sort of car could tempt me!

*in case you are reading this, manufacturer!

MikeLR - 22/4/09 at 12:59 PM

If you want to see a "real" RS200 do a search for Kinsley Ingram and see him in action at the Pageant of Power last year.
Mike

davo - 17/5/09 at 04:39 PM

rs motorsport replica is i belive slightly different dimensions to the real thing[probably a copyright thing]
there is another one being developed based around mk2 toyota mr2 .
soon to be in total kit car apparantly

Dom9 - 19/5/09 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by davo
rs motorsport replica is i belive slightly different dimensions to the real thing[probably a copyright thing]
there is another one being developed based around mk2 toyota mr2 .
soon to be in total kit car apparantly

That sounds interesting... May dilute it a bit much though, huh?

procomp - 26/5/09 at 07:36 AM

Hi

" May dilute it a bit much though, huh? " Not half as much as trying to stick the body on to a Austin Maestro though

Cheers Matt