Board logo

luego viento front grill
VIENTOV8 - 24/12/12 at 02:45 PM

as anyone got or know where to get the front nosecone chrome grill for the viento?
andrew.

tomgregory2000 - 24/12/12 at 05:20 PM

You could ask luego sports cars

They are on facebook

wilkingj - 24/12/12 at 05:38 PM

I got a bit of cross hatched stainless grill from Porteous Fabrications (on Ebay)

I emailed him first, he cuts to size and then gave me the ad number on Ebay.

Vertical / horziontal checking is cheapest Uses least metal in a sheet.
Diamond checking is more expensive due to the wastage.

I went for the diamond polarisation. Its all the same grid, just just cut to your liking.

I then held it all in place with Sika flex. Has been in there about 7 years now!

A lot cheaper than the Std Luego Grill.
Its your choice if you think one looks better than the other.

Also, I recon a fine grid works better by keep the stones from denting / holing your nice expensive radiator

Cant remember if it was 1 or 2mm thick, and I think was a 10mm grid section.
Also mine was welded grid, not woven.

Hope that helps.

Ebay Grill
Ebay Grill

Luego's Factory cars..
Viento v Velocity (Size wise)
Viento v Velocity (Size wise)

[Edited on 24/12/2012 by wilkingj]

rusty nuts - 24/12/12 at 06:10 PM

Didn't someone put a post on the forum somewhere about a fine grill restricting the airflow to the rad? Don't know if there are any photos on here on snuggs's grill which looks rather smart? Can't remember seeing 2 Viento's with the same grill?

wilkingj - 25/12/12 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Didn't someone put a post on the forum somewhere about a fine grill restricting the airflow to the rad? Don't know if there are any photos on here on snuggs's grill which looks rather smart? Can't remember seeing 2 Viento's with the same grill?

Mel, You're right, but a 6 or 8mm plus grid size wouldnt cause an issue. Mine was 10mm or poss 12mm. Its that really fine close grid / perforated ally mesh that is not too god on a Viento. That sort of mesh looks a bit cheap as well.

Again, all depends on what Rad, Fan, and Engine.
Ducting the nosecone into the Rad makes a huge difference.

Just my 2d's worth

VIENTOV8 - 25/12/12 at 04:48 PM

hi thanks for the help, mine as a fine mesh black grill on at the moment, but i like the look of the chrome tube grill that luego did.
thanks andrew.

Scotty - 27/12/12 at 11:39 AM

Hi
I bought one but never fitted. Its an original from the days when grant was running luego. Will get photo and post if you are interested in buying

VIENTOV8 - 27/12/12 at 03:59 PM

hi yes i would be interested, please send photo to andrew_tolley2005@yahoo.co.uk how much do you want for it including p/p?
thanks andrew.

Scotty - 27/12/12 at 05:21 PM

Ok. Will do tomorrow

Scotty - 4/1/13 at 11:10 AM

piccys emailed
let me know if you dont receive