Board logo

Stupid Question of the Week...
Sterillium - 25/5/16 at 10:49 AM

What's the difference between a Velocity and a Viento?

(Sorry).

David Jenkins - 25/5/16 at 11:06 AM

Velocity = normal, seven-sized car.
Viento = about 10% - 15% bigger than a normal seven-sized car. Can take big engines, and suitable for the more generously proportioned driver.

Viento v Velocity (Size wise)

Viento on the left, Velocity on the right.

[Edited on 25/5/16 by David Jenkins]

britishtrident - 25/5/16 at 11:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Velocity = normal, seven-sized car.
Viento = about 10% - 15% bigger than a normal seven-sized car. Can take big engines, and suitable for the more generously proportioned driver.

Viento on the left, Velocity on the right.

[Edited on 25/5/16 by David Jenkins]

In the words of Father Ted "this one is near ... that one is faraway - near,,,,, far away have you got that Dougal?"

Irony - 25/5/16 at 11:59 AM

I was told the Viento is about a foot longer and 6inches wider. Its weird because if I take my Viento to work it looks absolutely tiny in my parking space. Then park it next to a standard seven (Velocity) and it looks huge!

Sterillium - 25/5/16 at 12:34 PM

Ah, brilliant. It really is only the Viento that is supersized. If seen that photo above in my other thread, but hadn't realised it was a Velocity next to the Viento.

I best leave Velocitys alone then!

David Jenkins - 25/5/16 at 01:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
I was told the Viento is about a foot longer and 6inches wider. Its weird because if I take my Viento to work it looks absolutely tiny in my parking space. Then park it next to a standard seven (Velocity) and it looks huge!

Here's my book Locost (silver & yellow) alongside a V8-powered Viento... 'king huge!

Sterillium - 25/5/16 at 02:28 PM

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of a Viento?

I'm measuring floor space.

Chris_Xtreme - 25/5/16 at 04:51 PM

I was informed by wilkingj (Geoff on here)

that

Overall length is 3.5m and wheelbase is 2.6m hub centre to hub centre.

(that is 15cm wider than my quantum xtreme)

I'm sure someone who has one now will come along and confirm, but this could be a starting point for you, I based my decision on not to have one on these measurement - wouldn't fit down my shared driveway to the garage.

Chris

Sterillium - 25/5/16 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris_Xtreme
I was informed by wilkingj (Geoff on here)

that

Overall length is 3.5m and wheelbase is 2.6m hub centre to hub centre.

(that is 15cm wider than my quantum xtreme)

I'm sure someone who has one now will come along and confirm, but this could be a starting point for you, I based my decision on not to have one on these measurement - wouldn't fit down my shared driveway to the garage.

Chris

I've got tonnes of outdoor spaces but I'd like to clear part of a workshop to make mine an indoor home.

CosKev3 - 25/5/16 at 05:11 PM

Intresting

So a velocity is standard sierra rear drive shaft width etc same as MK Indy/Mac1 etc?

Or is it narrower and the Viento is standard sierra rear width?

rusty nuts - 25/5/16 at 06:32 PM

The original Velocity uses a narrowed Sierra rear end the same as the Luego locost IRS , the Velocity XT uses standard Sierra rear XT =Extra Track as does the Viento . The is a photo on here of Geoff in my Locost which makes my car look tiny

jollygreengiant - 27/5/16 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
The original Velocity uses a narrowed Sierra rear end the same as the Luego locost IRS , the Velocity XT uses standard Sierra rear XT =Extra Track as does the Viento . The is a photo on here of Geoff in my Locost which makes my car look tiny

Also, Vientos tend to have spacers or specially outset wheel rims (or a combination of both) to fill the arches (especially at the rear).

[Edited on 27/5/16 by jollygreengiant]

2nd Edit bit : There is no such thing as a silly question, only silly answers, such banana waffle tripe.

[Edited on 27/5/16 by jollygreengiant]

Sterillium - 27/5/16 at 10:10 PM

I LOVE banana waffle tripe!