Board logo

Wanted! Viento V8
Jhoof2010 - 17/4/20 at 08:47 PM

Good evening all,

Hope you are all well considering the current situation, I'm new to the site and thought I would reach out to you all in my search for a Viento V8.

I've been searching for a second car since swapping my fuel guzzling BMW 335i for a frugal Peugeot 308 Diesel.. rock & roll I know but I cant fault not having to pay a penny for tax and the 65mpg when I’m travelling up and down the M6 to work! Not the most enthralling driving experience though...

I've really enjoyed reading all about these fantastic cars on the forum, having spoken to an owner I was glad to hear about the ample space in the cockpit, I'm 6'3 and 15 stone which turned out to be an issue when trying to drive my brothers-in-laws Westfield.

I was made aware of the example on eBay earlier this week and made an offer but have not heard back from the owner, the listing has since ended, don't suppose it was anyone on here?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luego-Viento-Coupe-2006-Kit-car-/373012276769?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=%252FE3CCXp%252FVp1SxJ5yK5v h%252B9v7e8c%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If anyone knows of any Vientos for sale please let me know, thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards,

Jamie

ianhurley20 - 17/4/20 at 09:11 PM

I know that particular car and it is absolutely stunning. One of the best cars of its type I have seen. Try to contact the seller if you can through ebay. If it has not sold you will not regret purchasing that car

Dingz - 17/4/20 at 10:26 PM

Did that one originally have a frog on its bonnet?

rusty nuts - 18/4/20 at 07:28 AM

It might also be worth looking on FB , there seems to be more kit cars for sale on there. I thought the Viento that had the frog on it was blue? The owner is a member of the East Anglia kit car club , also on FB

ianhurley20 - 18/4/20 at 07:53 AM

The car was blue , the red is a wrap done last winter, and yes its EAKCC

Jhoof2010 - 18/4/20 at 08:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
I know that particular car and it is absolutely stunning. One of the best cars of its type I have seen. Try to contact the seller if you can through ebay. If it has not sold you will not regret purchasing that car

Good to know, thanks for the reply, I have send the seller a message via eBay, hopefully still for sale..

Jhoof2010 - 18/4/20 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
It might also be worth looking on FB , there seems to be more kit cars for sale on there. I thought the Viento that had the frog on it was blue? The owner is a member of the East Anglia kit car club , also on FB

Good idea, hadn’t thought about Facebook Marketplace, will keep monitoring it from now on and report back if I find anything.

Cheers!

rusty nuts - 18/4/20 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
The car was blue , the red is a wrap done last winter, and yes its EAKCC

I haven’t seen it for a while so it may well be the same car? If it is then send piddy (on here or EAKCC) a message, he will have contact details for the owner

[Edited on 18/4/20 by rusty nuts]

rusty nuts - 18/4/20 at 10:33 AM

Jolly green giant is the club organiser , he might know of any Viento owners that might be selling? I thought that Kenton had his car up for sale but can’t find any posts about it?

Jhoof2010 - 18/4/20 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Jolly green giant is the club organiser , he might know of any Viento owners that might be selling? I thought that Kenton had his car up for sale but can’t find any posts about it?

Thanks for the points of contact, I’ve reached out to the members on here.

[Edited on 18/4/20 by Jhoof2010]

Robbaa - 18/4/20 at 03:56 PM

does it have to be a V8?- im in the run up to purchasing my first house and may consider the sale of my zetec one- weird nobody considers the zetec for one seeing as at 185Bhp its similar to some v8 outputs and way less weight

Jhoof2010 - 20/4/20 at 09:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Robbaa
does it have to be a V8?- im in the run up to purchasing my first house and may consider the sale of my zetec one- weird nobody considers the zetec for one seeing as at 185Bhp its similar to some v8 outputs and way less weight

For me it was my interest in the Rover V8 engine that led me on my search for a car, starting with the TVR's, then onto the Westfield Seight, it was only when I started researching other V8 kit cars that I discovered the Viento.

However, if the V8 cars turn out hard to come, I would still be interested in alternatives, let me know if you make the decision to sell.

Robbaa - 20/4/20 at 09:40 AM

^ no problem, these cars are certainly a rarity. did you ever find out about that one on ebay and what it went for?

Jhoof2010 - 20/4/20 at 09:50 AM

^ Not managed to get hold of any other contact details and no response to my message via ebay yet. Will let you know if I hear anything.

rusty nuts - 20/4/20 at 12:09 PM

https://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk/apps/photos/

Might help?

beardy89 - 14/6/20 at 04:11 PM

I am also in the market for a V8 Viento.

Just noticed that one of the forum members DanP old his recently I had been talking to him last year and didnt realise it was up for sale.
Shame as it was one of the nicest examples i had seen.

SCAR - 15/6/20 at 03:22 PM

Thought i would keep mine forever even though i barely use it. Just like to roll it out of the garage and clean it but circumstances mean it looks like i will have to sell (and always regret it)
Photos in my archive
Any questions message me
I know this is a half hearted attempt at selling but its the best I can manage

[Edited on 15/6/20 by SCAR]

beardy89 - 16/6/20 at 01:33 PM

I would be interested if you did put it up for sale SCAR.

We spoken on U2U but thought id make my interest public as well.

IF you get chance to get a spec together, some up to date pics, a Price and an issues list that would be amazing.

Obviously no rush, ive been looking for over a year so im not in any rush.

rusty nuts - 4/7/20 at 09:27 AM

For anyone interested the is a “Vento” for sale at the moment on Facebook in the strictly kitcar section

[Edited on 4/7/20 by rusty nuts]