Board logo

Luego Owners Club, Secretary Position
jollygreengiant - 27/7/21 at 08:23 AM

Ok people it is time for someone else to take on the mantle of Secretary.
It is not what I would call a hectic job. membership is by virtue of building/owning/driving a Luego and being on here. The duties ARE booking car shows and trying to get people to attend them.
I have, as of today sent off the booking for THE Stoneleigh Show 2021, yes it is late going in but part of that is why some one else needs to take it on. If we get a club stand this year I will let you know on here, BUT it is over a much smaller placement area this year (due I believe to new roads being put in nearby/through the showground).

Any how, I have a collapsed disc in my neck (C6/C7) this is (and has been since May 2019) causing me problems which HAVE been getting worse ever since Xmas 2019. Currently I can not spend more than about 10 minutes at my computer every 6 hours. Most of that time is taken up trying to deal with Universal Credit who seem to think I am "Fit for Work" (sic). I have finally met with a consultant and I am being pushed forward for a fairly urgent operation probably about the end of September, to have the disc removed and the vertebrae fused. If you want to look it up it is known as a "ACDF C6/7" operation (Anterior Cervical Diffusion [and] Fusion) and normally take at least 3 months for recovery. (Look it up if you are NOT squeamish).
So, there it is I am going to have to take a major breather on things and it will take sometime for things to get to any where near normal for me, and as such it is only right that someone else should take on the job.

ianhurley20 - 28/7/21 at 09:23 PM

Sorry, don't have a Luego but wish you all the best for your recovery

jollygreengiant - 28/7/21 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
Sorry, don't have a Luego but wish you all the best for your recovery

Thank you Ian.