Board logo

1300 xflow torque settings
Rogthebandit - 9/2/15 at 03:04 PM

Hello there

I was just checking the big end bearings on the my locost race car. I was searching around for the correct torque settings but have found 3 or so different settings . Be greatfull of any advice on the correct torque.
Cheers
Rog

JeffHs - 9/2/15 at 04:44 PM

Haynes says 31 to 35 lb ft or 4.2 to 4.8 kg m

Rogthebandit - 9/2/15 at 05:28 PM

Hi, cheers for the info. I read somewhere that they can be set as high as 45 lb ft and just wondered if they were set higher for race purposes.

Brian R - 9/2/15 at 08:36 PM

ARP rod bolts are different if using them. 45 ft lbs using proper ARP lube or 65 ft lbs using oil. I've always used the proper lube. A dab on the threads and a bit under the bolt head and never had a problem.

Some racers use standard bolts and have never had issues but we had one let go with catastrophic results a few years back on standard bolts (flat into Copse at Silverstone) so have used ARP since with no problems.

[Edited on 9/2/15 by Brian R]

Rogthebandit - 9/2/15 at 09:32 PM

Hi Brian.

I'm not sure if these are standard or upgraded. Might just change then anyway to be on the safe side. Can you recommend a supplier? I've seen a few on the website unless you use another.

Rog

Brian R - 10/2/15 at 01:25 PM

Std bolts are hex head and ARP are 12 point. Got them from Burtons last time I think.

http://www.burtonpower.com/parts-by-category/engine-components/crankshaft-con-rod-parts/arp-hd-bolt-con-rod-12-point-suit-std-rods-fl246.html