Board logo

New type log book?
jacko - 23/12/11 at 09:09 PM

The wife thinks a new log book came a few weeks ago for her car but cant find it .
It may have been thrown with other papers . will it cost her for another one ?
in fact dose she need one as it says on it / them [ this it not proof you own this car ] or words to that affect

spiderman - 23/12/11 at 09:19 PM

Yes it will cost£25. Probably not needed until you sell car, as long as you use reminder to tax vehicle each year.

[Edited on 23/12/11 by spiderman]

jacko - 23/12/11 at 09:28 PM

I seem to think it says the recite you get when you buy a car is the proof of ownership

Dam £25 pound for a bit of a4 printer paper
Jacko

martin1973 - 23/12/11 at 09:35 PM

contact the dvla and ask why you havent had a new doc
make out u havent received it they will send u another
i have done it a few times.

stevebubs - 23/12/11 at 09:36 PM

Was this a replacement "new type", and you still have the old?

If so, I would play innocent and say I never received the "new" one..

zetec - 23/12/11 at 09:46 PM

I recently got a new one as the DVLA said there had been some stolen and therefore were replacing that type with a new type.

Peteff - 23/12/11 at 11:37 PM

They are sending red ones out, I haven't had any yet though. I read they had some of the old green ones stolen.

PSpirine - 24/12/11 at 12:35 AM

Red ones taking an age to come through (6 weeks from purchase of vehicle on my last car)

And I'm pretty sure you can call them up and ask why you still haven't got it and they just send out a duplicate...

jacko - 31/12/11 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jacko
The wife thinks a new log book came a few weeks ago for her car but cant find it .
It may have been thrown with other papers . will it cost her for another one ?
in fact dose she need one as it says on it / them [ this it not proof you own this car ] or words to that affect

Happy New Year and great news for the Wife She has just found the log book / paper she lost so that has saved her £25
Jacko