Board logo

IVA PASS!!!!!! :D
corrado vr6 - 31/1/14 at 11:20 AM

WOO HOOO

Well didn't think I would ever see the day but my Indy has passed this morning, what a great feeling driving back!

After starting the day at 5am got to my lock up at 6am and let the car warm up for a good hour (had emission issues) so got the cat nice and hot left for IVA center at 7 and by 9 I had a certificate in my hand 3rd time lucky I guess.

Emissions still took a bit of playing around with but luckily I have learnt how to use the power commander, the lambda was to high previously, this time lambda was fine but co was high but with a bit of playing around it finally got through!

Next was the noise it came in at 99.2 db so just scrapped it as he let me off the .2

Just got the delights of the DVLA now and then ill be on the road

I even had my first drive on the motorway on the way home, bit twitchy but good fun

mcerd1 - 31/1/14 at 11:25 AM

Nice one

MP3C - 31/1/14 at 11:35 AM

Very nice, congratulations!!! Ready for summer now

RichardK - 31/1/14 at 11:50 AM

very

Nice work

R

sprouts-car - 31/1/14 at 12:21 PM

Well done!! Amazing feeling isn't it!
Just the dvla to do battle with (I'm still doing that)

adithorp - 31/1/14 at 12:45 PM

Nice one!

Emmisions test is designed so that the only easy way to get through is with a closed loop lambda control. It's always going to be touch and go without. A few degrees change in ambiant temp or change in atmos presure can push it one way or the other.

Should have registration sorted before the weather picks up.

corrado vr6 - 31/1/14 at 01:21 PM

Yep it's a hell of a feeling, especially as its now peeing down

I'd also like to say a big Thanks to everyone that's ever helped with advice or answering my many questions on here

So Thanks all

twybrow - 31/1/14 at 01:27 PM

Woohoo! Well done, and home before the worst of the rain hits too!

Only those who have gone through SVA/IVA on a car they have built will understand when I say it felt not unlike when my Mrs gave birth to our little one.... Enjoy that buzzing feeling!

corrado vr6 - 31/1/14 at 01:34 PM

Thanks,

Nothing is going take this smile off my face today

davidimurray - 31/1/14 at 02:05 PM

Congratulations.

CosKev3 - 31/1/14 at 03:59 PM

Well done!

Glad to read this after your other tests.

Did you pass with the hired MK silencer on in the end?

corrado vr6 - 31/1/14 at 04:03 PM

Thanks, yep passed with the Mk silencer on but still a bit of trial and error with the power commander

Coopz - 31/1/14 at 06:22 PM

Congratulations bud

corrado vr6 - 31/1/14 at 06:24 PM

Thanks mate, it's been a tough few months trying to juggle 3 IVA's and 2 rolling roads plus work to get a pass, but feeling great now

serieslandy - 31/1/14 at 07:37 PM

Well done, I hope you didn't get too wet.

corrado vr6 - 31/1/14 at 07:59 PM

About an hour after I got back to my lock up it started raining so luck must have been on my side