Board logo

IVA and registration, current waiting times
ste - 25/5/17 at 05:51 PM

So, people who have recently IVAd their cars, what is the current wait from first application, to getting a test date. Then getting all the paperwork sorted for registration.

I ask because I don't want to apply too soon before i'm finished if it's a big wait and conversely, don't want to wait until i'm finished, then have to wait ages after that for the test

Cheers

sdh2903 - 25/5/17 at 06:00 PM

Depends on the test centre.

I submitted mine online. 4 days later it was accepted and I called for a date. Earliest date was 3 weeks away. Took it, passed. Registration was 2 weeks from submitting to receiving the registration number.

This was livingston.

sdh2903 - 25/5/17 at 06:03 PM

You can choose whatever date you want. So if your 6 weeks away ish from finishing you can book one for 6- 8 weeks away. If it all goes Pete tong you can change the appointment up until a few days before.

Just a tip. You have to order the v55 registration form as it gets posted to you and it can take up a couple of weeks. Get one ordered then you have it ready to go.

ianhurley20 - 25/5/17 at 08:50 PM

I am in Norwich area - My application for IVA was about 2 weeks then another 2 for IVA appointment time and 11 days till it was registered on the road.

tims31 - 26/5/17 at 06:51 AM

IVA Paperwork submitted in early April, accepted end of April, Earliest test date in Norwich was 16th June.

tims31 - 26/5/17 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903

Just a tip. You have to order the v55 registration form as it gets posted to you and it can take up a couple of weeks. Get one ordered then you have it ready to go.

Didn't know this, thanks for that ordered mine now.

Question is do you fill out a v55/4 or v55/5 for a kit that is using donor parts. It says v55/5 for a newly built kit but I assume that is if you are registering with all new parts and the v55/4 is for getting an age related plate.