Board logo

Fuel Line Spec for IVA
ChrisJ15 - 10/7/17 at 08:45 AM

IVA is looming and I have a data sheet from Car Builder Solutions for brake pipe feed from reservoir, but nothing for fuel lines.

Its marked with COHLINE 2134 and I can find a spec sheet on the Cohline website which is marked 'Fuel Line'. Will a print out of this be sufficient for IVA?

I know there's plenty of stuff here about suitability of fuel lines with modern fuels but I'll worry about that after IVA!

pekwah1 - 10/7/17 at 09:42 AM

interestingly, i don't believe the IVA manual refers specifically to a standard for fuel lines, but i think as long as you can show if needed that the lines used are suitable for automotive fuel then you should be fine. On my last IVA i don't think it was questioned.

gremlin1234 - 10/7/17 at 10:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisJ15
Its marked with COHLINE 2134 and I can find a spec sheet on the Cohline website which is marked 'Fuel Line'.
try
http://www.spectrum-hose.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2134-Fuel-Hose1.pdf
DIN 73379-2A Fuel Hose

edit
note it is suitable for modern e10 fuel too ;-)

[Edited on 10/7/17 by gremlin1234]

ttalps2000 - 10/7/17 at 11:22 AM

They questioned my fuel filler hose as it was not marked and asked if I had any paperwork that stated it was fuel hose. I didn't have the paper work, but he accepted it anyway!

pekwah1 - 10/7/17 at 11:57 AM

Yeh generally you would want all hoses to be marked with something to denote fuel use, or that you can produce a datasheet for

rgrs - 10/7/17 at 03:20 PM

Yes the data from cohline's web site should be enough as it gives all the relevant information,

However when i did mine they e-mailed me the spec sheet, might be worth a try.

Roger