Board logo

Steering Column help!!
tom225 - 14/11/19 at 09:57 PM

Hi,

Hopeing some one with a little more knowledge of the IVA can help ( i have read it half a dozen times and still none the wiser on this bit).

Im building a Talon Motorsport chassis car, using the upper collapsible part of the MX5 column. Do I also require the 10deg kink in the steering shaft or is the use of the collapsible part enough?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Slimy38 - 15/11/19 at 07:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tom225
Hi,

Hopeing some one with a little more knowledge of the IVA can help ( i have read it half a dozen times and still none the wiser on this bit).

Im building a Talon Motorsport chassis car, using the upper collapsible part of the MX5 column. Do I also require the 10deg kink in the steering shaft or is the use of the collapsible part enough?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

I'm also using the Mx5 column, and I put the kink in the shaft. To be fair it's not difficult, by default it's about 8 degrees anyway so it only needs a slight adjustment to deflect it further.

What I needed to fix

tom225 - 15/11/19 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by tom225
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Tom

I'm also using the Mx5 column, and I put the kink in the shaft. To be fair it's not difficult, by default it's about 8 degrees anyway so it only needs a slight adjustment to deflect it further.

What I needed to fix

I would agree it would be an easy fix, however i bought a partly completed build and its all installed already and will involve basically cutting everything out and starting again for me, just seeing if i can avoid it.

Mr Whippy - 15/11/19 at 12:18 PM

post some pics and see if anyone can come up with a quick fix....